Alex Rims TD17 Disc Rim

The Alex TD17 rim is a disc only rim that features an Anti-snakebite design that minimizes or avoids pinch flats caused by impacts to low pressure tires. Rim Depth: 17.9 mm Brake Compatibility: Disc Only ERD: 605 mm Valve: Presta ISO Diamet

[Dec 04, 2010]
Michaelk

OVERALL
Strength:

Hold up well to city riding.

None so far.

These rims hold up to city riding very well. The finish has also held up well.

[Dec 05, 2008]
MrCookie

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, and ease of use. Works well

A bit on the narrow side, and I did knock a serious woble into one in a crash.

These are an awesome entry level to intermidiate lever rim at a killer price. I wish they were a about 5mm wider.

Salsa Delgado Disc (Nearly identical except for width)

[Oct 17, 2008]
Bruzer

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple clean design, disc brake only, closely matched the profile of the rim I was replacing.

None so far.

Purchased this rim at the LBS to replace my bent front wheel. They relaced it with my old hub. This rim works great so far. It hooks the bead of the tire much better than my stock rim. Picked this rim because it closely matched my damaged stock rim profile and depth. Looks to be as strong as my previous rim.

Stock wheels/rims on my bike.

[Sep 11, 2008]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, Inexpensive, & lighter than the stock wheels on my Rockhopper 29er

Weight

I needed a rim that could take moderate abuse and stay true but didn't want a freeride or DH rim. They have taken some pretty big hits at strange angles and stayed true. My rear chainstay had broken and the rims are still true. I have only gotten one pinch flat and have pretty much stopped trying to avoid them.

Stock Rockhopper 29er wheels

[Aug 28, 2008]
PoorBehavior

OVERALL
Strength:

Low price.

Heavy.

1st set I laced up myself. I had a very hard time getting them true and round with good tension, but that was me. I had my local shop finish them off after I worked them up and they have held up great, have not needed to touch them since. I weight about 220lbs and don't qualify myself as "smooth".

[Mar 08, 2008]
Julius

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, matches my frame

Weak, flex

Ok Im taking back my thoughts of this wheelset. Actually the hubs and spokes are stout but the rims are crappy. The rear rim has been trued twice and not getting any better. Decided to replace w/ Stan's ZTR Arch 29er.

[Dec 25, 2007]
Julius

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, solid, lightweight for the material

Graphics is one big sticker

This is my first 29er wheelset. These rims came with LX disc hubs and DT Swiss spokes. This wheelset is very solid for the price. Not the lightest set but I'm 200 pounds so I need that beefy rim. It's very solid thru corners and I feel no flex when I accelerate. This is definitely a good wheelset for first time 29ers.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.