Stans NoTubes ZTR Disc Rear Hub

• 2 sealed cartridge bearings in the hub shell
  • Red anodized aluminum freehub body
  • 3 spring loaded pawls
  • Black anodized with laser etched ZTR logo

[Oct 20, 2016]
Ron
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

The set was easy to buy with Crest rims.

The freehub is way too soft and they shaved too much material from it that my cassette small cogs just cut right thru it
and I am not even racing these wheels. They should have placed some pins just as American Classic to stop cutting and shaving and spinning the cogs through the freehub. By the way, I tighten the cassette according to recommendation.

I ordered a replacement and the new freehub is still from aluminum alloy but they left a lot more material there so the coggs will NOT shave it so easily.

DT Swiss 240

[Jun 23, 2015]
Ferniefreeheels
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

There are none

Junk. I keep blowing the bearing on the drive side. I get about 10-14 rides and the bearings are toast. They are a poor design, simply built too light.

Maybe this hub would stand up riding the flatlands with a light rider. But in the real mt bike world with an aggressive rider never.

DT Swiss, Shimano XT also junk, keep breaking freewheels... finally getting a wheelset buit with Chris King Hubs.

[Mar 19, 2013]
alcalie

OVERALL
Strength:

The hubs looks great which is why I bought them in the first place to pair with my ZTR Flow rims. I love it and really appreciate its good looks right after the installation.but thats where it all ends.

The freebody is very crispy and diced to pieces and metal flakes only after 2 weeks of XC riding. It is a total loss.
The price is wayyyy higher than a Shimano standard hubs but the Shimano standard hubs can lasts forever. I just cannot brain this.

From the inside, I can see "Chosen" logo which tells me that ZTR does not produce the hub themselves. But they sell overall products as theirs. The front hubs rolls very smooth though. And still good after hundreds of rides, but the rear hubs is a made of chocolate cookies. Only good thing is they sell freebody spare parts on their websites, but still no point if I have to replace the freebody after every few rides. ZTR has to find better supplier for their hubs. Their rims are one of the best I've known

[Aug 24, 2010]
scooby-d

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight and look great. The build quality was very good too.

The rear freehub is a Sun Ringle, which are known for failing and being noisy. Our new rear ZTR hub only lasted 30 minutes before making grinding and popping noises. Very disappointed in the quality and haven't heard much back from NoTubes on a fix or resolution.

I wish I could recommend these hubs and we wanted to like them SO much, but I don't think they are well made. No reflection on NoTubes since they don't manufacture the hubs, but it is one of their products.

Stick with the more mainstream stuff like American Classic, WTB or King unless you want to be dealing with freehub issues.

I'm giving 1 chili for the rear hub and 4 for the front since it's very light and rolls excellent!

Used to have Sun Ringle Disco Fleas before these and we had several of the freehubs fail. My other set of NoTube wheels with 355 rims and WTB hubs have been working flawlessly for 3 years now. XTR 975 wheelset.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.