Sachs New Success Hub

[Nov 21, 2001]
Jerome Cros
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Sealed bearing, very smooth.

Heavy now but not when I bought them in 96!!!

I bought the front Sach New Succes in 96 to work with the Sach disc brake. Yes you read well, in 96!
I'm writting this review because after !!5!! of loyal service, this hub is retiring. It sill run incredibely smoothly (about 50s longer free rotation than my XTR bought only 8 months ago!).
I'm going for a King because they do dot make these anymore...
The best hub I have seen for the price.

SRAM 9.0SL, shimano XTR

[May 29, 2001]
Konni

OVERALL
Strength:

Long riding part in cities

not possible to repair propper if broken once!

It quite a good Hub for long distance crusing in town and on smaler biketrips, but when I bought it 4 years ago the seller told me I will get something for my life. At this time it was very much money for a Hub you can not repair at all. Thats what I found out now!

[Jan 18, 2000]
Tom

OVERALL

These hubs are probably the best I've ever had, they are sealed and smooth as glass even after 3000 very hard road miles..........I was not aware that they also made hubsets for MTB's, I am gonna look into it ASAP.............

[Aug 14, 1999]
Bo
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Just keeps spinning and spinning

NONE

Extremly good value for the money, buy them.

Shimano LX and XT

[Jun 15, 2004]
Fabrice

OVERALL
Strength:

Great looks, durability, smooth bearings.

Not the lighest, haven't found a cassette version.

Super hubs, not the lighest but for a few grams who cares? Similar in quality to the great Mavic 500 series hubs. I've had the New Success group for over 3 years and the whole package is incredibly smooth and reliable. If anyone knows where I could get a cassette version of the real hub I would be grateful. It's a shame the New Success group is no longer manufactured. My only beef is with the freewheel: it's a little heavy, but again, very durable.

Real hubs, Mavic hubs.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.