Vee Rubber Snowshoe XL Fatbike Tire

The XL is designed with a tread footprint made to get you through the thick stuff.

[Feb 05, 2017]
GuzziBen

OVERALL
Strength:

Hook-up and roll

Huge rolling resistance on pavement at 2psi. You had to be there.

I live in Minnesota, we are a bit proud of our winters. I mounted up a set of used Bulldozer 4.8's on my Framed Alaska Carbon and had one great ride on packed snow trails.
Christmas day it rained 1", and we have been fighting the ice ever since. I ordered a set of these off Ebay, can't argue the price vs 45Nrth, $170 for a pair.
Long story short, if you can hear the studs, you need the studs. I don't ride much pavement, but that's the only place I noticed self-steer at about 5psi. (I weigh 170) For the typical packed or icy ride, I run 6psi and have few issues with slipping. Torque wheelies uphill on icy trails is something to feel.
I'm using Orange Seal SubZero, no issues. I've got studs, I'm riding on slick trails today.

[Dec 28, 2015]
mccartney7499

OVERALL
Strength:

massive with tons of float! grippy in any condition I've run them through thus far.

will self steer at lower tire pressures (less than 8 psi for this 200 lb person), sometimes too grippy (high rolling resistance, but I may be running too low of tire pressures for my weight on hardpack conditions too)

I wanted a big tire and this surely is. Haven't had any loss of traction with these in any condition they've encountered. Haven't tried them in snow yet.

[Sep 02, 2014]
Lars_D

OVERALL
Strength:

They are huge.

I don't know how they compare to other 4.8 inch tires, but compared to my Husker Dus, at low pressure they have quite a bit of rolling resistance (and quite a bit of grip).

At high pressure, they roll pretty well.

They are fairly heavy, one weighted 1470, the other 1530.

Overall, I like them a lot.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.