Vee Rubber Mission Command Fatbike Tire

The MISSION COMMAND takes racing and trail riding to a the next level. With the newly updated continuous center tread knobs, it's now the definition of a fast rolling, excellent control fat bike tire. This new pattern offers an extremely smooth ride with plenty of grip to spare. It’s innovative design makes it the fastest rolling Fatbike tire in the world and the number one choice for OEM applications.

[Aug 12, 2018]
iliketexmex

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, reasonable rolling resistance

Self Steer, weight, rolling resistance at low pressure, small treads The low down: It came stock on my first fat bike. I didn't realize the weaknesses until I replaced them with a better tire when they wore out. They were good enough to get me interested in fatbiking

Purchased:
New
[Aug 26, 2017]
PierreR

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty good single track cross country tire. Grips in a lot of conditions. Big tire

Tend to self steer but gets better with more miles, load up in mud, noisier than expected on pavement, not as low of rolling resistance as I was looking for. Puncture resistance was less than expected.

I was looking to replace a Maxxis Minion 26 X 4.8 to get lower rolling resistance and quieter noise level on pavement and hard pack. If these were the first tire that I had tried I probably would have liked them and stuck with them. They ride nice and have pretty good grip on cross country type trails. They are big and bold looking with a nice round profile and no surprises in cornering. When new they tended to self steer even at moderate pressures but as they stretched out that improved greatly although they still tended to self steer at low pressures. Noise level was higher than I was expecting and the rolling resistance was similar to the Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR. I ran over a stick on pavement and that drove a half inch portion of the stick right through the bottom tread. The stick was not very sharp and half rotten. After 275 miles I put the Maxxis Minions back on.

[Jan 01, 2016]
Mike S

OVERALL
Strength:

Versatile

Weight, some counter-steer,

I rode my Mission Commands for 1 full year covering over 400 miles of trails and they served me very well.They came stock on my first fat bike (Access Chinook Charlie from Performance Bike). These are the Mission Commands, not the standard Mission tires.
There was some counter-steer with low tire pressure on the road, however, my typical riding pressure was about 11.5 lbs which seemed to reduce most of that effect.
I rode these tires on hard pack dirt, gravel, rock gardens, roots, mud, etc., just about everything but sand, and they performed admirably. The low tread profile worked well for everything except mud and snow, but worked very well on hard pack trails or road surfaces.
I would probably not recommend these tires to anyone going out to buy them, as I believe there are better options for the same or lower price and with a weight savings. However, I would not hesitate recommending that someone stick with these tires if they come stock on a bike until you can afford buying new tires.