Schwalbe Jumbo Jim Fatbike Tire

Best Price At

This is especially true if you want to cycle in deep snow or loose sand. In these conditions only large volume combined with extremely low air pressure can help. Schwalbe‘s Jumbo Jim is an extremely light-bike Fat Tire.

[Jan 03, 2020]
panterra

OVERALL
Strength:

I rode these tires on a 2017 Felt DD 70. I think they are a decent all-round tire - especially in the drier months.

I would have given these a 4 - but on wet, the traction left a more to be desired. Also, in corners, I never quite felt like I knew when these would bite

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2017
[Aug 10, 2018]
Forster

OVERALL
Strength:

Reviewing the Liteskin, 120 TPI, 4.0 tire. Light, fast-rolling, quiet, great on gravel, dirt, rocks. Haven't tried on snow yet.

Mud, not a mud tire.

2017
[Jan 13, 2018]
OneTrustMan

OVERALL
Strength:

Light
Low rolling resistance

Bad in muddy conditions

I love them.
They look great, roll fast and are light weighted.

[Aug 26, 2017]
PierreR

OVERALL
Strength:

LOW rolling resistance, low weight, great tire tubeless, great overall tire for a variety of conditions. Very tough tire, very low self steering

Mud tends to stick

This review is for the Snakeskin Version not the light weight version and for the 26 X 4.8 version. Tires mounted up tubeless with ease on 80mm rims and measured 4.55" to the outside tread at 25 psi. As they have stretched out over time they now measure 4.7" at 25 PSI. These tires took 4 pounds off my bike in comparison to the Maxxis Minions. The bike feels and handles completely different. Much more flickable and better acceleration on cross country trails. The rolling resistance is much lower than either the Vee Rubber Mission Command tires or the Maxxis Minions. The Maxxis minions had better grip in soft conditions but that is not the bulk of my riding. On pavement my sustained speeds improved from about 12-13 mph to 14 to 15 mph from the rolling resistance improvement alone. Rolling resistance is still improving as the tires stretch out. Wear is quite acceptable with no tearing or nobs. I haven't had a flat tire yet. Noise levels are moderate on pavement with a definite buzz above 10 mph roadies complain.

[Mar 29, 2016]
Chris Maloney

OVERALL
Strength:

ONLY 1190 grams for the 26x4.8" tires which is light for a 4.8" tire. The Jumbo Jim's were easy to set-up tubeless on Surly Clown Shoe rims. It was straight forward with Gorilla tape, soapy water, and Orange Seal. In my style of riding there was plenty of traction in wet and pine straw filled corners. No cuts from the many roots that our trail system is filled with.

Slightly higher end tire with a premium price but I still think they are worthy of a repeat purchase. Again I only have two weeks worth of riding under them so this could change in six months.

Tires were factory on my bike. I have ridden the Jumbo Jim's for about two weeks and rode my favorite pine straw and root filled singletrack. No rocks but plenty of roots and pine straw. I have had no issues climbing, cornering, or dropping down our short flow trail. I found the tires to pretty much take whatever my intermediate-Clydesdale 255 pound self could throw at them. Air pressure ran was front-6-7.5psi and rear was 8-9.5psi. Only a few times did I ever feel any rollover in the rear tire but that is an obvious air pressure adjustment. I did go out to the beach and plowed around for a bit with around 5psi front and rear with no problems.

This is my first fat bike.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.