Maxxis Minion FBF Fatbike Tire

Available At

[Apr 24, 2019]
RidinDerT

OVERALL
Strength:

None. Hands down the worst tire I've ever ridden in 30 years of mountain biking. The 27.5 x 3.8 is smaller than claimed (closer to 3.5). The tire has insane oversteer, and is made even worse with an irrational mind of its own going where it wants to go rather than where you want it to go. Ripped these POS's off after less than 25 miles.

Price Paid:
2019
[Aug 26, 2017]
PierreR

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough tire, very good in mud, loose soil, sand and snow. Very low self steering at lower pressure settings. Good in a tubeless setup. Surprisingly okay on pavement although loud. Lower rolling resistance at 18 lbs than other tires I have tried.

loose gravel, ice, wet boards. Tires are heavy, all relative

I should say here that the width tires I had were the 4.8's. These tires measured 4.55" when new at 18 PSI pressure. In a tubeless setup the tires grew to 4.7" after 400 miles and the rolling resistance went down. These tires roll pretty good on pavement for the aggressiveness of the tread design but expect pedestrians to jump off the path before you get a chance to say you are passing as these tires are loud. The minion gets lots of comments as they are big and bold. I found them nice with the occasional mud I hit. They don't load up in mud you would not want to walk through for fear of getting stuck or having shoes that weigh a ton. Snow does not seem to stick to them and they roll good at low pressures. Ice is sketchy. These tires are tough with low self steering at all pressures I tried 5-20 PSI. I had a couple of time I ended up down on either loose gravel or wet boards. Overall this is a great tire for what it was designed for. I put about 1000 miles on these tires, 85% pavement, 10% single track 5% mud, snow and sand, These tires came with the bike and do not really reflect the type of riding that I do so I have replaced them. I wanted a tire for riding a lot of pavement and dry cross country trails.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.