Kenda Tomac Nevegal DTC 29er Tire

Best Price At

The Kenda Nevegal Lite DTC mountain bike tires are made with Dual Tread Compound (DTC) L3R Pro/Stick-E. Tall knobs designed to penetrate and hold on loose terrain.

[Oct 18, 2014]
Mikkojii

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, grip and grip.

Rolling resistance especially on hard surface.

I was looking for something for the Nordic sutumn/spring season, mainly for technical trails with wet rocks & roots. Nevegal does no compromises, the grip is amazing. My first ride was in a few celsius below freezing, and I was totally amazed how the tire performed even on frozen duckboards. I bought mine from Amazon.de for EUR 17,90, so I think the value was very good. Rolling resistance is awful, as expected. Don't bother to ride it on dry tarmac.

Great option for autumn seasons when studded winter tires are a bit too soon.

[Dec 21, 2013]
matt

OVERALL
Strength:

traction

everything else

The tire actually makes you wonder if you have square wheels on your bike. Grip? Oh yea. Traction? Oh yea. But they just do not roll. High pressure, low pressure, dose not matter.
I tried a pair for late fall/ winter/ early spring in Wisconsin. My advise, get a fat bike. Then you will always have traction and flotation.

[Jul 11, 2013]
Noneck

OVERALL
Strength:

They turn your bike into an army tank.

Slow

I tried a set for spring here in PA after the Kenda small block 8s I was running kept failing me in muddy conditions. (go figure) I got these on sale at price point for 18.95 each for my 29 hardtail. I was amazed on my first ride how they went through deep mud. They also self cleaned very well. Traction everywhere was great from rocks and roots to mud. They were just very slow. This week I aired them up to near their 50 psi max at 48 psi. The ride was obviously more harsh but I am running front suspension. This tire became just as fast as my small block 8 and still handled great. Noticeably faster even on pavement. I was planning on going back to the sb8 when conditions dry out here later in summer but with the new found speed of the high pressure, I will keep these as my primary tire.

[Dec 15, 2012]
treesmasher

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire goes right where you point it on any terrain. It also holds up very well. I have never punctured it or even a flat. I pump it up to 40psi on the road when I commute and it rolls good considering it`s knarly tread.

Sometimes it seems like it has to much grip and takes some fun out of it. It`s to much tire for the back of the bike where we ride we use a tire that rolls a little faster and weighs less on the back.

We get the tires for 46 bucks so it`s a good deal for the security it gives on the front of the bike. This is a tire we use all year long in Michigan.If you want a front tire that does it all this is it.

[Dec 05, 2012]
david

OVERALL
Strength:

beefy

slips alot on hardpack climbs

OK. I know that this tire gets great reviews and so I bought one.....29 x 2.25 on the rear on my niner hardtail. Granted that it's beefy with big treads and has a cushy feel. But, my biggest gripe with it is that is slips big time on hardpack climbs. Maybe it would be best for soft conditions. If not for it's climbing weakness in hardpack dry conditions, I think that I'd like this tire alot.

[Nov 26, 2012]
Niner Nation
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome grip in all terrain, aggressive tread design and Dual Tread Compound for longer wear.

a litttle heavy, but not too heavy.

I ran mine tubeless on Stan Crest No-Tube rims and it has performed well so far. Tears around corners with a vengeance, climbs with plenty of traction and descend with confidence.

Maxxiss Advantage, Maxxiss Minions

[Aug 29, 2012]
BikeHiro

OVERALL
Strength:

Ridiculous corning and braking grip, intimidating style, larger circumference than my fast traks, predictable handling, tall knobs, sticky rubber

Heavy tire, loses momentum quickly, needs more energy to gain and maintain speed, at walking speeds you can feel the bumps of the tall knobs

Not bad tires but not amazing besides the grip. Picked up the pair for $25 from a local private sale in almost new condition. You can feel the huge traction and handling gain in large gravel compared to the Specialized Fast Traks Sport LK that came on my bike. Other than that, the handling and traction gains in hard pack is out shined by how much harder I have to pedal to maintain my momentum, even worse gain momentum. Over a 20 mile mostly hard pack course, I leisurely averaged 14.1mph on these nevegals compared to 15mph on the fast traks. While not a scientific test, the numbers mean something to me. They don't do terrible in asphalt despite the much higher rolling resistance. I maxed out at 23.9mph compared to 24.3 on the fast traks on flat asphalt but as expected, I can hold max speed longer on the fast traks due to the lower rolling resistance. The extra grip, handling, and confidence is great going downhill but I dread going uphill or going against the wind with these tires. Nevegals aren't a terrible tire but they're nothing amazing, even at the steal I purchased them for. There are people online claiming to mod nevegals into amazing tires by doing a simple thread mod.

Something I need to try.

Specialized Fast Trak Sport LK

[Aug 21, 2012]
MSD1984
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing grip for climbing, braking, and cornering.

Side knobs

Have over 500 miles on the set mostly on Cascade singletrack. I am running tubeless (sorry Kenda). Replacing the rear due to a ripped side knob as it leaks out badly. To the tires defense, most of the trails they've been on have lots of sharp rocks. I'm basing the value on the suggested MSRP. I'm sticking with them!

They're great for all mountain/ cross country use. Probably overkill for a cross country race and slickrock.

[Jul 16, 2012]
john k

OVERALL
Strength:

great traction, great cornering and stopping power. smoothed out the trail chatter vs a 29-3 bont 2.0.

250-300g extra weight vs a lightweight race tire.

so tacky as a front tire, i can fly through corners that i used to have to brake for. i feel so much safer and secure. i didnt notice any added rolling resistance with one on the front. i ran 20psi with stans on arch rims and weigh 180lbs made the trail feel much smoother too. i couldnt even feel bumps that used to rattle my arms with my bontrager 29-3 2.0.

50km of trail and the little nubbies are still on there.

[May 31, 2012]
bandedwd

OVERALL
Strength:

This tire sticks to the terrain!!! It is tough as nails too! I have put them through a lot of abuse and they have taken all that this fat boy could put on them.

NONE!

Great Tire and have complete trust in the product!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.