Geax Saguaro Tubeless 29er Tire

The Geax Saguaro 29 inch TNT Tubeless Ready Tire features a pattern with connected central knobs for fast acceleration and speed. The tread pattern provides predictable cornering on all surfaces. ideal for rides ranging from XC racing to big-hit slopesty

[Apr 02, 2018]
BikeMazzta

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip, tough, reliable, excellent rear tire

The beads a just so tight it´s almost impossible to mount on my ztr arch ex rims.So incredible tight that after puncturing a hole with a rock tried to put a tube in and it was impossible, broke my 3 tire lever, had to walk home, excellent tire, but the beads so tight make it unusable.

[Jan 02, 2015]
personaX

OVERALL
Strength:

Grip, rolling resistance, tubeless properties

Weight

This review is for the 2.2" TNT and UST versions. The only difference between the TNT and UST versions is the weight, UST is 150g heavier. If you're using sealant in your tires anyways, then the UST version doesn't make much sense..

The Saguaro is maybe my favourite rear tire, I haven't used it up front at all. Grip is excellent for a tire with such a tread pattern and rolling resistance is minimal. I think this is quite similar with Racing Ralph, with RR being lighter weight but not as grippy. I ride mostly in natural pine and spruce forests with lots of rocks and roots.

The casing is very sturdy and can take a lot of abuse from rocks. I have only punctured this once on a drop where a rock made a hole throught the tread when I landed. I'm giving this tire 5 chilis for value because you can get almost 2 of them for one Racing Ralph.

Kenda SB8 2.1" folding, Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25" EVO SnakeSkin PaceStar, Maxxis Ikon 2.35" 3C EXO

[Jun 06, 2014]
RichSTL

OVERALL
Strength:

I know Geax tires have been around but not popular locally here in Missouri. I picked this up at a swap meet and it looked like it would roll well and handle a variety of non-loading conditions. It does roll well and handles well on hardpack, loose gravel and loose dirt. I raced it at this years wet Syllamos Revenge where there were a fair number of flats but no flats for me. I raced it on dry hardpack in a fast and furious short track/dirt crit format and it is very fast and predictable.

It doesn't compete with some other tires on wet rock, probably because the rubber is not as soft as a Schwalbe Racing Ralph. On the other hand, it doesn't look like the sidewalls will slice every ride.

Good all rounder for the Midwest racer at least on back. Have not tried it up front. Not light but durable so far and fast rolling. I would not use it in clingy mud conditions, but we are not supposed to ride then, right? Not the best choice for smooth wet rocks.

[Sep 01, 2012]
palerider

OVERALL
Strength:

Roll fast, excellent grip, roll quietly

tnt are a little heavy

These have become my favorite tire for 90% of what I ride. Fast, lots of volume, grip, and they even seem to roll with less noise, sounds weird but its true. I'll take a little extra weight in the tnt version for the superior durability they provide. And I can find these tires on ebay at reasonable prices so stop bidding against me!!

[Oct 20, 2011]
Johnelwood

OVERALL
Strength:

Great traction

Bought this tire to replace The Captain (OEM stock tire) which I wore out. I was happy with the Captain but needed to replace it quickly and couldn't make it to a shop that sold Specialized. Almost took this back, but decided to give it

[Sep 18, 2011]
gclugz

OVERALL
Strength:

Sizing is as advertised. Very easy to set up tubeless.

None yet

Mounted tires with speed arrow on the front and track on the back. Could have mounted on Stan's Arch with one hand -super easy and used a compressor. Gripped well in corners and they have volume for the rigid. Run them at 25psi front and back. So far it is the answer for this bike and the price is great.

Maxxis Ikon, Maxxis Ignitor

[Aug 27, 2011]
billybob167

OVERALL
Strength:

Good grip as rear tire when tread faces rear.

Sidewalls too thin and flexible, tire too loose on rim

This review is for the non TNT version. Totally unreliable tire if you ever go over any rocks. The tire is so loose it can't be set up with stans without a compressor, which brings us to the first horror story. Rode the South Boundary trail in Taos and got to the steep rocky section at the west end. Tire burped and lost all pressure - could not reinflate with hand pump. Had to walk out in 90 degree heat 5 miles carrying the bike because the tire fell off the rim. Went to LBS and got a tube filled with stans. Could feel the sidewalls flex way to the right side over every root. 2 weeks later rode over a 3 inch loose rock on the trail that I couldn't avoid and the tire basically blew up - the flex was so much that the tube was ripped on its center seam and lost all air, so much for stans. Have a Rocket Ron on the front with stans during all this and it has had no problem and can be inflated with a hand pump. Will be going back to rocket ron on the rear even though they don't last very long.

Rocket Ron, CST

[Jul 07, 2011]
YogiCo

OVERALL
Strength:

VERY Low rolling resistance. High volume makes for a plush ride. Seems to shed mud well, but it's been to dry to really test that.

Mediocre braking traction in loose conditions, but that's to be expected for this type of tire.

I was about to give up on finding a decent 29er tire with low rolling resistance and decent traction for the loose-over-hard trail conditions on the Denver front range trails. I decided to buy a lightly used Saguaro for the rear, and WOW! This thing is great! It has improved my climbing speed quite a bit and it feels really fast on downhills. I'm running a Maxxis Ignitor up front, and it's a great combination. I was using an Ignitor on back previously and I have to say it felt pretty sluggish on the ups AND the downhills. The Saguaro doesn't have phenomenal traction like an aggressive Nevegal, but it's a perfect compromise of speed, decent traction, decent weight (720g?), and high-volume plushness. I have mine set up in the "traction" direction. You can reverse it for "Speed" but I'm gonna leave it. That said, I don't think I'd trust it as a front tire, but that's pure speculation.

Maxxis Ignitor, WTB Prowler

[Feb 13, 2011]
dirtdog

OVERALL
Strength:

Sets up tubeless easy, fat, durable, grippy

I have been using these all fall/winter on the single speed. Great tire. High volume lets you run very low pressure. I had one puncture and it sealed up. Running the rear tire in reverse and brakes great and bites with tenacity. This will be my go to tire on the single speed

lots

[Nov 09, 2010]
yemajah

OVERALL
Strength:

low rolling resistance

low grip, slides early in corners, no grip on the sidwalls, expensive

I baught them because i didn't get the Maxxis Ignitor in germany and the were so much good reviews. But i am realy disappointed. It has bad grip on the sidewalls, an if cornering the tire slides at once. But it has indeed a unbelievable low rolling resistance.
I love my cheap IRC serac on my 26, what a shame, You can't get them anymore.

nobby nic

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.