Geax Gato 29er Tire

• Aramid Racing 3D Comp

[Apr 06, 2012]
nameresu

OVERALL
Strength:

never used them, impossible to mount on BST rim

Impossible to fit TNT version to stan's or any other BST rim

Bottom line. If you are owner of any BST rim ( ZTR crest/arch/flow, etc, Sunringle Black Flag or Charger ) - DO NOT BUY TNT version.

With regular tools it is impossible to mount. I managed to fit one side of tire on the rim with help of special tool, that can mount almost any rubber on anything, and with help of my friend. BUT it was useless - tire sat in the center of the bead. VERY TIGHT. So it was impossible to install valve or tube.

Decided to sell TNT and buy regular folding.

kenda nevegal 2.3

[Feb 07, 2012]
unezridr

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent grip in wet, conditions. Low rolling resistance. Tough sidewalls. Good value.

You could say weight, but most tires with this kind of grip are going to have some weight penalty. A bit difficult to get over the rim on my arches, but managaeble.

I bought these tires for winter/spring (i.e. wet weather) riding and they have not disappointed. There have been several times when I felt like the tires let me get away with speed in corners where I should have wiped out, I felt the tires hook up and rail me through. They shed loose dirt and mud with ease and they have surprisingly low rolling resistance for the bite that they have. I can feel the bike slow a bit if I'm coasting and hit a soft spot, but I think you have to expect that with a tire that's made for gripping it wet conditions. For loose over hardpack, or even dry hardpack or frozen trails they have negligible resistance. I would definitely buy these again, and recommend them to friends in the area. They''re also a great value considering some tires run over twice as much. Have been running them tubeless on Stan's rims with zero problems. I Have used them 3 months and do not see significant wear problems.

Specialized "the captain" Bonty 29-3

[Dec 18, 2011]
edouble

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome grip on wet roots and rocks, mud. Rolls smooth and fast considering its tread pattern and the ability to be run at very low pressures. rugged.

its a little heavy compared to the Sagauro, its stable mate.

This tire is amazing in wet/winter conditions and rolls much faster than one would ever believe from looking it at. I could see this being a great enduro race or trail tire hear in the north east because it is very puncture resistent. I have been running Geax tires for 11 years now. They never let me down.

Have used many 29er tires but none with the attributes of this tire. It is unique.

[Dec 14, 2011]
pa rider

OVERALL
Strength:

wet traction and rocks

know pattern on tire not great for heavy loose rocks. Tire width not like 2.3 but a 2.2 for size

Great tire for snow or muddy conditions. Say tire is great all mountain tire as long you're not bombing downhill. Felt it grips as good as nevegal or cg tire. Had hard time getting it to not slide in heavy loose rocks.

i got a 29-4 bontrager tire same tire as this one and for both being a 2.3 in size this one seem small. I like it as front or rear. Won't fit on my flow rim for front hub so it on my back velocity 340 hugi wheel. like how it grips in the nasty weather we have now and side walls seem tough.

wtb tires, panaracer (cg and rampage), bontrage 29-4.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.