Geax AKA 29er Tire

Best Price At

The Geax AKA 29 x 2.0 Foldable Tire is a foldable tire designed for multi surface use. Its capable knobs are designed to penetrate the ground without digging in, which provides maximum traction with minimum resistance. This tire will cover terrains with e

[Jul 14, 2014]
Fred Smedley

OVERALL
Strength:

Work well in dry summer conditions in Boise foothills, loose over hard . Good volume.

none so far , but will update later.

These were a set of new takeoffs . Regular sidewall with Kevlar bead. I liked my Saguaros once I modified the front by removing a row of transition knob so I thought I might give these a try. Very pleased with the hook up in bone dry loose conditions . They did not feel any faster than the Saguaros but the front hooked up better than the stock Saguaro. I am 180 and ran 24 R 22 F on WTB frequencies I19's.

[Nov 21, 2012]
Toxic

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the T.N.T 2.2 version. Roll super fast. Grip is much better than expected. Wear and durability are significantly better than expected. Side bite is not the greatest, but predictable.

Little heavy (726 & 728 grams per tire) but the tough sidewall is definitely worth it. Pricey.

Bought these for my Gary Fisher Rig single speed after trashing too many other sidewalls. These aired up with a floor pump first try. After more than 400 miles, hardly any noticeable wear is evident. No weeping or punters/cuts to the sidewall at all. I never would have expected this low knob design to work well here in southern Arizona, but they do an outstanding job on just about everything. They are expensive, but another classic example of you get what you pay for.
At this point, I expect to get more than 1,000 miles out of them, maybe more? I'll buy them again.

[Sep 30, 2012]
milletman

OVERALL
Strength:

Happy medium between durability and weight (folding bead version NON-TNT), light enough to race and last. Great on hardpack and slightly loose, manageable in rocky sections. Regular folding bead version sets up great tubeless on Stan's.

Center nobs wear down quick if you ride any pavement riding.

These are an exceptional value, they can be had cheap compared to high dollar swabs, and perform better! They are great for their intended use, hardpack to mildly loose. The Geax rubber compound can't be beat, FAR FAR better than conti and schwalbe, soft grippy yet lasts (especially on the Saguaro design...lasts and lasts and lasts), never have any odd chunking with Geaxs. These ride like velcro on hardpack black dirt, and are good overall in mildly loose dirt/sand over hardpack. Looser conditions or heavier riders........consider Saguaros (especially on the front).

AKA, Saguaro, Wolverines, Conti X Kings, Mutano Raptors, SB8s

[Jul 27, 2012]
JohnDoe

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap (was on sale $20), good rolling resistance, pretty tough, set up tubeless fine w/ rim strip

Not for the front, kinda heavy

A 2.2 TNT casing replaced a Kenda small Block 8 on the back of my cross country rig and were very briefly used up front. As a front they're fine but felt skittish when introduced to softball sized rocks or deep sand. As a rear they're great since the casing and volume give a nice ride and plenty of traction w/o huge drag. They're not going to grip fantastically even as a rear but they're cross country tires not nevegals. Tubeless works fine on a converted set of bontrager race lite rims.

[May 30, 2012]
Jamie McDaniels

OVERALL
Strength:

Cool tread design

The tread fell apart after just a couple trails

I advise you not to buy this wheels if you bike any kind of trail except mud

[May 28, 2012]
Brian

OVERALL
Strength:

They look kinda cool.

Poor performers. I used them one time on a 29er set up for BMX. The tread rolled in the turns. Washed out.

The tread rolls so easily I am not sure where these tires would work well. Maybe in semi loose. I will try them on another 29er I have. If I can find something better to say I will update this review.

[May 24, 2012]
crux

OVERALL
Strength:

Holds air
Tight on rim (flow)

Tight on rim (flow)

Bought these tires based off talking with Geax that they were better in rocks and roots over a rampage. I considered the purchase carefully and decided to give them a try. The tires did not inspire much confidence slipping and drifting on the trails so they got moved into commuter service. Tires ride very similar to the SB8 which while on hard pack were great, however for loose terrain I'd consider another tire. Really disappointed as I wanted to like these tires. Tires are now being used for commuter duty and have had them wash out on concrete a few times in the turns. Last time I lost quite a bit of skin when I went down in the arroyo.

Really do not like being such a polar opposite of the prior review, but these tires just did not work well for me here in the SW.

SB8, Rampage

[Mar 13, 2012]
counselor29er

OVERALL
Strength:

sidewalls, fast, traction, tubeless

maybe heavy thats it.

I love the toros, but these akas they do all in socal riding. they are great in sand, loose on hardpack, gravel, rocks, and they roll very fast. depending what I ride the psi will go up or down. Being thick sidewalls very strong on lower psi. I am a heavy rider at 190lbs. They have performed the best for me on my SS so far.

fast tracks, racing ralphs

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.