NitroPro Gas Suspension Seatpost

• Gas Spring has 100% Shock Absorption not partial absorption like elastomers, coil or air springs.
  • Travel: 2.3" (100% of travel is used for absorption)
  • Spring: Nitrogen Gas Spring & Coil Spring
  • Dampening: Oil dampening
  • Extremely Tunable & Never needs rebuilding
  • Length: 405mm, Sizes: 24 available

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 16, 2015]
    Chris

OVERALL
    Strength:

I've had 2 of these seats, and had some good and not-so-good experience with them. On the plus side, it appears to be a very well built product but, more importantly, it works quite well at what it is supposed to do on my road bike - for a while - anyway.

It's price has skyrocketed - more than doubled over the last year or 2. If you want something that works well for a year or 2, as has been my experience, go for it. Both of those I've owned have lasted about 2 years only. Now that their price is so high, I would not invest over $300 for a seatpost that will last only a couple of years. I understand it only has a 90 day warranty. But that is a lot of cash.

A product which is now, very expensive, but does work very well at its designed purpose, for a couple of years on a road bike (from my experience only).

[Feb 18, 2012]
    jjtexas

OVERALL
    Strength:

Simplicity, design, function, quality value, small company that still values quality craftsmanship over mass production, everything

Weight (same weight as cane creek, way better though ), still way logger than having full suspension.

This is really a great design from a small, start-up company. These appear to be built to order by hand, and seem to be extremely high quality.

I switched from a 130mm travel all-mountain Marin to a 29er hardtail. The rock gardens were becoming painful. So I added the nitropro seatpost. The improvement was drastic. I can get through the rock gardens with similar ease versus full suspension, and without the pedal bob and weight penalty.

This is definitely recommended for anyone riding a hardtail 29er in rocky trails. Get one and improve your riding!

Cane creek

[Feb 07, 2012]
    Michel Bayard

OVERALL
    Strength:

Robust construction, great comfort without vibrations or spring rebound, lighter than other systems.

None so far

I really like my NitroPro seat post. I had a full suspension bike before but I prefer a hard tail with the NitroPro seat post since it provides the quick response uphill of a hard tail with added comfort over the trail bumps. I also like the fact that this post has an initial resisting threshold that keeps the proper distance between the saddle and the pedals constant, while sitting or not on the saddle (in the absence of significant bumps).
    Thank you again for your great customer service.

Cane Creek suspension seat post

[Nov 27, 2011]
    Terry

OVERALL
    Strength:

I rode with my new seatpost today for the first time and was very impressed. I picked a trail that was very choppy to test the rebound control and the Nitro's smoothness or lack of. It passed with flying colors.
    I have ridden USE and Thudbusters and had a couple of duel suspension bikes. I like this set-up
    the best, it's a Blue XC-7 and the Nitro.
    Great work !!

Terry

None so far

If you like hard tails as I do, get this it's worth the cost.

USE shock post, Cane Creek ( Thudbuster), GT duel suspension bikes

[Oct 07, 2011]
    David Sallows

OVERALL
    Strength:

Ease of installation. Great ride characteristics.
    Top service.

External lube may need watching.

Since acquiring the Nitro Pro in May for fit-out of this new bicycle, I have covered about 2500km on various surfaces, including a 600km ride through mountainous country with highway bitumen, tarred gravels and some dirt roads (some of indifferent quality) and found the ride was superb, with all the little jarring notes absent. At 75kilos and fairly short, the post provides a very comfortable and predictable ride for me after a lifetime of riding "the hard stuff".
    I can't speak highly enough about it, and it should suit all recreational riders.

Spring loaded - brand unknown

[Apr 17, 2011]
    james bond

OVERALL
    Strength:

Really smooths out the bumps

None so far (though an all-black option would be nice)

Wow, what a difference. I ride in Paris through a large city park (dirt trails with some roots, and lots of crappy condition asphalt and cobblestone along the way) that would probably trash a good road bike. But this is just to get to a large, beautiful bike-only track in the park that runs 4 km around the Longchamps horse racetrack. Great place to do 20 km daily interval workouts, where a fast road bike would be ideal, the problem is you have to get there! So I opted for a cyclocross bike.

Without this seatpost, my back would take a beating on the ride over and back. With it, the ride is so much smoother, and no more sting when you hit a hole or a bump on the road. Yay. I ride with the seat centered on the seatpost, so no stiction issues. Product has not required any tweaking at all since installation. For roadies who want a softer ride, this is your ticket. You have no idea what a HUGE difference it makes until you try it! Will be on every future bike I own that does not have rear susp.

Regular seatpost

[May 27, 2010]
    rcl

OVERALL
    Strength:

Absorbs impacts and rebounds without noticing

Screw adjustment on seatpost will come out if metal ring does not remain over the plastic insert

I had a full suspension before purchasing the hardtail 29. After several rides, I missed the comfort of the full suspension. After installing the nitro pro, I feel I have the best of both worlds. The comfort of a full suspension and the efficiency of the hardtail. For Florida I think the 29 hardtail with the nitro pro is the best setup one could have.

Thudbuster for a few miles. I did not like the return feeling.

[Dec 14, 2009]
    Mitzbiker

OVERALL
    Strength:

Real damping, all other suspension seatpost lacks this. Very strong.

If you prefer to set your saddle way back on the seatpost, this type of suspension seatpost does not work too well.

This is the only one with real damping function and it make a huge difference. I have USE and Thudbuster, too. They both go down when you hit bumps but only Nitro Pro actually absorbs shocks and not push you back up right away. I suppose you have to have this one and USE or Thudbuster to really know the difference but if you want to save money, take these words and just buy this one. If you are looking for a suspension seatpost, this is the one!

USE, Thudbuster.

[Oct 27, 2009]
    nsingleton

OVERALL
    Strength:

strong, nice looking, low maintenance, can adjust for climbing but is still Plush!

none. adjust the preload to your weight and it works well.

The movement is smoooooth... Allows you to ride over some really tough ground and stay seated. If you bottom out because of the soft springs just add more preload and it stiffens up quit a bit. No more being ejected from the seat like the Thudbuster, NP has a soft rebound. Saves you energy. Weight not even an issue when compared to the beating it saves you. Cool concept very satisfied.

Thudbuster

[Aug 28, 2009]
    Anonymous

OVERALL
    Strength:

In theory, well-designed and decent appearance.

Heaviest of its kind on the market. Seatpost continuously slips down into the seatpost tube no matter how tight you reef on the seatpost bolt. Requires frequent oiling. Worse of all, however, is the seatpost clamp broke while riding on a country dirt road without any warning. Thankfully I wasn't riding on a technical single track.

Great concept, but a product is only as good as its weakest link--in this case, the seat post clamp. I was fortunate to avoid a calamity, but the thought of "what if" haunts me. I am now riding a Thudbuster LT which gives me all the travel I need (for trails in the Midwest) and is virtually maintenance-free.

Thudbuster ST and Thusbuster LT.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.