Push Industries Fork Rebuild Service Shock Upgrade

Not a product, but definitely a shock upgrade, Push Industries specializes in rebuilding customer forks and shocks.

Service includes:
-disassembly
-clean
-inspect
-rebuild

Prices vary depending on your fork model.

[Feb 07, 2019]
Ericx145

OVERALL
Strength:

Nothing they have no idea what they are talking about... only saying springs mattet well news flash! So much talk about coil conversions and how they transform an air spring fork into a magical ride! Well they certainly make a difference but only when matched up with the proper damper! They clearly don't get that and theres a company with great dampers smarter then push..

So much talk about coil conversions and how they transform an air spring fork into a magical ride! Well they certainly make a difference but only when matched up with the proper damper! Our system combines the best of both spring designs and matches the supportive feel of a properly tuned damper that provides a plush feel with no midstroke harshness and high speed deep stroke performance without bottoming!

[Jul 20, 2013]
john

OVERALL
Strength:

yet to be found, although I guess returning my e-mails within a day should count for something

worse handling, less travel (with softer spring even) failure to deliver

SUUUUCKS!!! I know, I know, everybody loves them, but I sent in a good Pike that basically just needed to be freshened up. I was also running a heavy spring and getting 120 out of 140mm travel. So they put a softer spring in, and their valving. I now get 95-110 mm of travel and the first dozen rides felt like a rigid fork. It is still way too slow in the rebound department and I have the rebound all the way open. I have sent it back once (which they charged me for) and it was noticeably better, but not as smooth as it was originally. Somebody please explain this too me. They keep telling me to check my air settings. ITS A FRIGGEN COIL FORK. THERE IS NO AIR. Just to be sure, I inverted it for a few hours and burped the fork legs. Nothin. No air and No change. WORST 250 SPENT EVER!

[Feb 26, 2012]
hkmeup

OVERALL
Strength:

Super plush, controlled ride. Ordered it with the HV air piston kit. Very fast turnaround and excellent communication throughout the whole process.

None.

Unlike so many "upgrades" that don't do squat, this one transformed my bike. Smooth, supple ride with so much better control. I'm less beat up at the end of my rides. I ordered the HV air piston kit (I'm a wee guy at 130 lbs) and for the first time, I'm getting full travel on the fork without any mushiness off the top.

PUSH completed the rebuild and sent it out on the SAME DAY they received it: thanks Aaron!

[Apr 05, 2011]
Ash T. Abula
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Tuned to your stated ride preferences. For me that meant the fork is more supple while also diving less under braking.

I don't imagine any, they do fantastic work at PUSH. Maybe if you didn't know how to describe yourself or your riding style, you might get the least-best tune for your purposes, but it wouldn't be PUSH's fault.

I had PUSH give a Factory Tune to the Fox DHX 5.0 on my 05 Turner 6-Pack and it did such a great job in improving that already-great bike's trail feel and wheel-stickiness that when I needed suspension work several years later I chose PUSH, to rebuild my RP23 on my current bike. The rear shock performed much better and that meant I would use PUSH when I needed the 36 TALAS overhauled.

I had no problems with my TALAS from the moment it was new, it always worked very well, very smooth in the 130 and 160 settings, and the adjustments all were noticeable. The fork needed an overhaul though and I popped for the Factory Tune to match the rear shock.

The fork is now even more small-bump supple (initial travel suppleness) while actually diving less under braking. The wheel tracks the trail better in all conditions.

I will use PUSH again. In fact I have a 3-yrs-old F29 fork that needs an overhaul and I'm sure it will go to PUSH for a factory tune.

If you ride a lot and have enough experience to notice suspension improvements, this is a valuable improvement. If you are a casual rider, it may seem expensive because you may not notice any difference.

[Aug 13, 2010]
beatfarmer

OVERALL
Strength:

Fork is an 05 TALAS 130 and I had never really messed too much with the adjustments other than to put them at factory defaults. Blew a seal on the TALAS leg and decided to have it PUSH'ed; talked to a couple riders and decided to go with the full service including a factory tune, which with shipping all added up. However, after riding with the serviced fork it's like a new bike (and me like a new rider). It climbs better, commutes better, descends like a dream. At every speed and in every condition the fork just performs. In fact it just disappears as it keeps the wheel glued to the ground and on the line I steer into. I've easily cleaned both uphill and downhill sections with ease that were previously elusive. And the lock out now makes the front end feel rigid. It's pretty close to magic. Shipping was fast and easy, Rich @ PUSH totally cleaned the fork and replaced the peeling decals. When I opened the box I thought perhaps they had sent me someone else's fork!

none; little spendy though get what you pay for. Not super wild about having the legs machined to accept only their wiper seals though it's a small tradeoff for a big gain.

totally killer. I'm not a racer, nor a super hard core rider. I ride for fun and joy and to not break me or my bike. In other words, I'm pretty happy to tell the techs at PUSH all the details and have them dial in my stuff. That all said I've already ridden harder and faster in the last couple of days than in the previous year since getting this bike, and all with higher confidence and more control. Now I just need to save up for a RP23 rear and send it off to get PUSH'ed ;)

none, though I have over the years ridden a lot of forks, many of them by Fox. None of them come close to riding this one tuned to my bike, my weight, and my preferences.

[May 22, 2010]
dfrnt

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordable Custom Work.

Had to wait a bit for it..

Amazing work. Attention to detail and pride in their work. I had to wait a bit for the parts to come in for their Rebound Assembly but it was well worth the wait. The fork tracks amazingly in the corners and feels sweet on the fast-rocky descents. Shreds down Tiger Mt and jumps beautifully on SST in Bellingham. In an industry that often gets overly marked up, it's nice to have such custom work available and affordable.

...

[Dec 28, 2009]
boogenman
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

works better than expected, easy to install and a great bargin.

NONE

I purchased the DIY Boxxer upgrade kit from Push around October and could not be more pleased. It works better than than I anticipated and was even easier to install than I thought. Worth every penney!

Anyone with a 2006-2009 Boxxer should buy this upgrade, it makes the fork 100% better

basic rebuild

[Dec 09, 2009]
slychild

OVERALL
Strength:

Platform is rock solid

My fork is a Fox F100x when I got it back from Push it was "the magic fork" I wont go into details here but Push was on it, calling me making sure every detail was as I wanted.
I've seen a few negative reviews about them here. All I can say is these guys would not be happy if God had done there fork. I am now sending in my F120RLC and My RP23 and I will bee leaving a feedback on them. And I think it will be *****

[Nov 12, 2009]
cafam1

Strength:

Stock, the dhx coil felt sluggish, so i assumed the 199$ service from push would wakeup this shock a little bit. I was never happy with the rebound and that was the sole reason on sending this shock to be pushed. I was a little dissapointed with the rebuild. The shock needs more rebound for the studder bumps and square edge hits. The old system that push offered opened up the valving allowing a larger range for rebound tuning. This new system maybe for a downhiller its noticeable not for an all mountain rider like myself. I specifically mentioned on my invoice that I want more rebound and that request was not fullfilled. Thinking Darren rides the same rig he would know what the shock needs to perform best. When I reached out to push I kind of got the runaround, and started to question if the parts that they give you in that bag where really in my shock. I was tempted to take it apart and see, because it performed exactly like the old shock. Darren seems like a good guy and I would do business again but for this service I was not impressed. I had taken the shock off the bike and replaced it with a DHX air that seems to work much better and we all know that a pushed DHX coil should perform better than a stock DHX air.

[Aug 14, 2009]
rqukrawler

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap and effective.
Freshens up an older fork.
Does what it says it will do.

None.

Do it. If you ride a Fox fork and it's been kind to you, be kind back. I paid a little extra and had the bushings replaced as well and my fork feels brand new. I did nothing to my fork for nearly 4 years and after the Push servicing she's strong as ever. One heck of a lot better than paying $600+ for a new one!

Refurb at home

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.