RockShox Monarch RT Rear Shock

• Body Diameter: 28mm

[May 08, 2017]
unkaleong

OVERALL
Strength:

Came with the bike (lapierre zesty XM527). I weigh 150lbs and I'm 5"7. I run about 170PSI in the canister. Had some earlier issues with air leaking, but 4-5 rides in, it seems to have settled down.

None so far. Buttery smooth.

I've been biking for 25 years and this is my first full suspension bike. Suspension technology has changed so much since I last rode a friend's full sus.

[Jan 10, 2016]
julio0674
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

After the break-in, I just set up the pressure and ride, never lost pressure in a year till now
Simple and trustable.

None so far.

The way I used this is at 180 psi, I'm 139 pounds and 5ft 7.32 in, according to my partners that's a little hight pressure but that what makes me fell good, even in jumps (not so height jumps) I fell Ok; I make very technical trails, here in Perú we have high mountains near the city. That's my experience, I fell happy with this so I wanted to share my experience. I follow these reviews.

Fox Float 10 years ago (I don't remember the model)

[Apr 04, 2014]
Roy Stoyle

Duability

Bought a Whyte T120 and the rear shock lasted 6 months and lost its air, got a second under warranty and again lasted six months then lost its air had this serviced and it lasted three rides.
Again another new shock under warranty fitted by Whyte this lasted two months and then stuck two thirds of the way in giving me a hard tail.
The monarch RT is a toltal piece of rubish don't go there.
Now have a fox unit coming from Whyte. I am 65 and only do cross country and do not do head banging stuff

[Dec 12, 2011]
qwksti

OVERALL
Strength:

good rebound

wish it could "lock" a little more

great shock, over all use is great.It can get to a soft feel, or to its lock out feature, this shock seems to be a great set up. For the money this is one of the better shocks out there. quality is great and adjustability is good.Just wish it would lock out a little harder.

[Jun 13, 2011]
Terry

OVERALL
Strength:

significantly reduces peddal bob

None so far

Until now the Fox Talas was the only rr shock that would fit the Stumpjumper. Now with the Monarch there is another choice. This shock blows away the Talas. Stiffer on uphills yet smooth over rocks and roots. There is a noticable
difference in my riding . Way less peddal bob...nice. So far I love it....no complaints.....

• Available At