Marzocchi Roco Air LO DC Rear Shock

ROCO Air LOThe Roco Air LO features a 2-position lock outTo help improve pedaling efficiency and a nickel coated air canister for a buttery smooth operation 2 Position Lock out Adj. Air Spring Nickel Coated Air Canister; Carbon fiber-reinforced High Volume Linear Air Spring External Rebound Adjustment Designed for all-mountain,Trail and XC Mounting hardware sold separately Note: Reducers/mounting hardware is NOT included. A kit issometimes, but not always needed, depend

[Feb 02, 2010]
HHMTB
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Super plush. No mid stroke wallow. Low pressure. Simple. No piggyback fitment issues. Great out of the box bottom out resistance. Lighter than a coil over. Durable thus far.

May make your fork feel harsh in comparison. :)

If you care about weight, it's a little heavier than an RP23.

Lockout is kind of lame, but I'm not into lockouts anyway. When activated, if you're still seated on the bike (applying weight), turning off the lockout is much harder as the lever will resist.

Some initial QC problems... Ronnie and Mike at Marz America straightened it out and it's been great since.

Unbelievably good shock. It's very smooth, more so than some of the coil overs I've tried. Seems to have very little stiction and compression damping which irons out rock gardens, yet it takes a tremendous hit to bottom. Bottoming is not harsh even when too little air pressure is used.

If it's got the durability that the pre-Taiwan Marzocchi forks had, this thing will have no equal.

Fox Vanilla R, Float, RC, RP23, Romic, Pushed Vanilla R, Stratos Helix Expert.

[Mar 08, 2009]
Brett Gibert

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great - feels great - requires low air pressure

so far I have'nt found any

I'm very pleased with the feel of the shock - it does'nt blow through the stroke like my dhx air did. There is no need for an anti-bob feature because the shock feels firm at the start of the stroke yet stll responsive. Though it does lock out if needed. I never have been a big fan of air shocks , but I'll have to admit I'm loving this one!

fox dhx5 air - fox dhx coil [ push'ed]

[Mar 08, 2009]
Brett Gibert

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great - feels great - requires low air pressure

so far I have'nt found any