DNM ST-12RC Rear Shock

• MANUAL CONTROL
  • Air/Oil/Coil spring
  • Oil damping wiwth floating piston.
  • Dark hard-anodized AL6061 T6 shock body.
  • Externally adjustable rebound damping.
  • Easy-turn lock-out system on handlebar.
  • Adjustments:Compression/Preload/Rebound.
  • Available with Air Cooling Nut.

• USER REVIEWS

[May 21, 2018]
    skidmark sammy

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well its now 15 years old and still working A1. No leaks no noise

Me. Not knowing anything about the shock

Price Paid:
    Purchased:
    Used
    Model Year:
    2003
    [Dec 08, 2008]
    Micah Radnich

OVERALL
    Strength:

Did what I needed, Great lockout feature for a 37 lb. bike.
    That's about it.

Drove all the way out to this Kona ride park in Fort Collins, CO and the rebound gave out and the shock stayed sucked in. Could not turn the +/- knob and eventually just rode the shock in lock out position. Don't know if it was a big drop but I also bent both mounting bolts and cracked the shock mounting gusset. May not have been the shocks fault since the bolts share a similar fate. You get what you pay for. Don't be cheap, go with a race quality shock.

Thought I got a good deal, worked good for a long time. If you really like stupid drops, this shock will cut your trip short.

stock equipped, don't remember. Coil over oil.

[Dec 02, 2003]
    Mark

OVERALL
    Strength:

It does what it supposed too

Zero.... suprise suprise.....

After reading all the horrible reviews I was expecting to get a P.O.S but to be honest the shocks works quite well. I'am happy with it eats the small stuff and it doest bottom out on the jumps I'am taking with it. The Lock-out is a nice touch 45lbs of downhill bike, makes for a far better climber.

Fox shocks

[Dec 20, 2001]
    Steven

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well constructed, compression lockout (unusual for a coil-over), plush, good rebound adjustment range

Compression lockout still allows some (undampened) movement

After the previous DNM A0-1AR damping circuit blew for the second time (and was declared economically irreparable) I was offered an upgrade to the ST-12RC at a great price. Only excellent comments about this shock - great adjustment range, plush, very well made & has a compression lockout feature for riding to the trailhead.
    The only issue I have is that the compression lockout allows a small amount of (seemingly undampened) rebound control - you must pedal smoothly to eliminate a small bouncing sensation - no big deal. Oh - and you'll kill the damping circuit if you forget to unlock as there's no blow-off protection as per Fox, etc.

DNM A0-1AR, Fox Vanilla R, Rockshox SID

[Oct 15, 2006]
    biker

OVERALL
    Strength:

good adjustment. dosnt bottom out.

this is a great shock. i reccomend. I love it especialy for the price i paid. I am surprised at how well it worked. Great for light to moderate downhill freeride, that is all i use it for.

[Mar 24, 2003]
    Evan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Strong, smooth stroke

under dampened

I don't know what you guys are conlpaining about, I've put this shock through some of the roughest terrain you'll find round here, as well as a bunch of big drops and only ever had one problem which was solved by warranty within a week.
    This shock kicks ass especially for the price($250aud)

rock shox super deluxe(blown to bits)

[Jan 11, 2003]
    Bryant Rudy

OVERALL
    Strength:

None, the spring is the only thing worth salvaging.

Everything.

I went to hit a drop on my bike and the stroke arm SNAPPED. I now have 2 busted ribs, a brokes ass bone, a broken leg and arm (6' drop). I am calling KHS and telling them I want my money back.

Nothing, anything is better, even a stick would hold together longer.

[Apr 04, 2003]
    Dropman

OVERALL
    Strength:

total crap

it's crappy

warranty within a week? damn i've been waiting 6-7 months already to get mine back, i went and bought a romic instead. I really dont care if it ever returns now it's the biggest pos shock i've ever seen, lockout quit, snapped it in half. ya it's a pos

romic, fox, 5th

[Sep 30, 2002]
    kris rasmussen

OVERALL
    Strength:

Piece of sish

Everything

DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE IT ON YOUR RIDE SWITCH TO FOX OR STRATOS. SOMETHING WITH MORE TRAVEL

anything you can buy from wal-mart

[Aug 05, 2002]
    Nate James

OVERALL
    Strength:

Absolutely None

Extremely poor quality
    No warranty or service available

Obviously, ths is a very poor shock. This shock broke on my frame the night that I finished assembling all the components. I didn't even ride it 10 feet!! The worst part is that I had a friend that bought the same frame, and he was kind enough to allow me to use his shock, and that one broke the same day that I installed it!! I e-mailed everyone that I could find at DNM and there was absolutely no positive response. They just told me to "take it to the LBS for repair." If someone wants you to have this shock, make sure that THEY are paying YOU, and not the other way around. This doesn't even deserve one flamin' chili.

Stratos Helix Pro
    Other DNM junk

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.