DNM AO-30RC Rear Shock

• Adjustments Air / Lockout / Rebound

[Apr 14, 2014]
Ed

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, smooth when switched open.

Weight (compared to other air shocks. Lockout Tops out hard

I had a Fox Float shock on my bike for years. However, the lack of rebound adjustment nor lockout was really taking it's toll on the climbs. I came across this shock on ebay and thought for $65 shipped to my door, I'd take the chance.

Well, when it is in open mode, it seems to perform as smooth as my Float did. However, the issues come up when you try to use the lockout. While the lockout does work, each time the shock returns after a bump, it tops out with a loud clunk. I've had this happen with cheap forks before in the past, but never with a rear shock. I filled the positive and negative air chambers according to the instructions. Not to mention it is much heavier than any other air shock.

Final thought: Save your money and get a Fox Float CTD or RP23.

Fox Float, Fox Float R, Fox Float CTD, Fox RP23, Rockshox Monarch RT3, Fox Vanilla Float R, Fox Alps 5r, DNM Coil R,

[Dec 25, 2013]
George Garcia

OVERALL
Strength:

Damper adjustment , weight and cost

had to dremel to fit my particular bike

Excellent shock and stiffness was set for 170lb rider
very high quality and made in Taiwan not china
I love this shock makes my front rock shox feel like crap

[Mar 02, 2011]
betasom

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, dumping blockable by lever

Weight

Oil seal weaks at 216 hours of work.
Oil seal of my Fox RP Pro Pedal didn't weak after 304 hours of work.

Fox RP Pro Pedal

[May 06, 2007]
Marco dallabrida

OVERALL
Strength:

Money!!!

poor conatct capability ... noise from somewhere inside (and this is a strange thing)..., rough.

I use the 170 mm model. My opinion: a little scarce. But it's not possible to find something new at that price. Anyway I will not buy it again.

rock shok elite 165 mm (spring model)

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.