Cane Creek DBInline Rear Shock

Cane Creek DBInline Rear ShockTop-caliber DH performance packed into a sleeker Twin-tube design. Built for lower travel bikes, no other shock in this class packs so much into so little, expanding the capabilities of bikes and riders.Features: Twin-tube damping for unparalleled small bump sensitivity and adjustability Greater climbing efficiency on-the-fly Precision machined parts for maximum performance and reliability Four-way independent adjustability Handbuilt in North Carolina, USA Size: 165 x 38mm (6.5 rdquo; x 1.5 rdquo;) Weight: 295 grams (165 x 38mm no hardware) Damping: Twin-tube independent compression and rebound in two high-speed and four low-speed damping circuits Four-way independent adjustment: High-speed compression Low-speed compression High-speed rebound Low-speed rebound Climb Switch on/off Finish: Anodized and laser-etched Mounting Interface: Norglide bushing 1/2 Universal AxleBuy Cane Creek Components from Chain Reaction

[Nov 11, 2016]
Connorsvw

OVERALL
Strength:

Rides very well once set up for your bike and riding style,with amazing climbing traction and supple downhill suspension, very tunable.

Tuning can be intimidating, with few base tunes for my bike in the Lounge. Used suggested base tune and adjusted for more HSR.
Shock is partially stuck down after VERY little use this season.
Cane Creek customer service appears to be AWOL.

Bought this as a $250 upgrade from Fox with my new Turner frame this past January. It was a priority for me to buy a US-built bike and this shock fit right in as well. Spent some time getting it set up for my riding style using baseline settings and trail adjustment. Performed great on several Moab and Salida trips this summer.

However, have only ridden perhaps 2-300 miles total this season and just noted shock is now partially locked down, with about 50% of the travel it should have and lots of new cavitation sounds. Unable to fix using suggestions in manual. Would love to get this up and going as we are having an awesome fall for riding in CO, but I can't get anyone at CC to give me an RA number despite 2 e-mails to info@canecreek.com with requested purchase receipt and serial number, and phone line won't accept messages--VERY unimpressed. Extreme tunability isn't useful if product has failed prematurely and warranty service is slow/absent. I would rate this product much higher with better customer service. May be time to look at Fox or Rock Shox for me. I've never had any issues with my Fox shocks, but both were modified by PUSH.

PUSH'd Float Float RL
PUSH'd Fox RP23
Cane Creed AD-10 way back

[May 10, 2016]
Cayenne_Pepa

OVERALL
Strength:

~ Creamy-plush ride, same as coil shock
~ Climb setting tunability
~ Midstroke support, in spades
~ USA build quality
~ Cane Creek Customer Support

~ Weight
~ Prone to premature leaks(Cavitation)
~ High upkeep costs

I'm busting ALL the "I paid $400 for this shock" hype and setting it to you straight - that Urethane membrane, separating the Nitrogen gas and air is the Achilles Heel of this fine shock. This is WHY Cane Creek recommends you service it so frequently. Is it expensive to service? OMFG....it is! Read the review preceding this....he is not lying. This is the reason you're finding the Cane Creek DB Inline selling so cheap, used now. Riders are ditching this shock well before reaching the first service interval. Login to Cane Creek's user Lounge, and read all of it.

Good thing I KEPT my Rockshox Monarch RT3 on backup!

~ X-Fusion 02 RCX
~ Fox Racing DPS EVOL
~ Fox Float CTD Re:Aktiv
~ Rockshox Monarch RT3 Debonair
~ Marzocchi Roco LO Air

[Nov 06, 2014]
Dj

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice Looking Shock on my Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon. Much better performing shock than the stock Fox CTD Kashima. Better Small bump compliance. Helps the bike maintain better traction and hold intended lines. Climb Switch works great for a firm pedal platform, while still active over the bumps and trail chatter. Climb Switch allows some range of adjustability - Climb switch is not just an off / on switch. My bike stil pedals well with the Climb Switch off - possibly due to Santa Cruz VPP Suspension. More range of adjustability and Tuning options to suite many riding styles and preferences: High Speed Compression, Low Speed Compression, High Speed Rebound, Low speed Rebound, and Climb Switch. The experience tuning the shock was fun and educational. Easy to follow instructions in manual. Cane Creek Website has recommended base tunes for different bikes. Online chat lounge/forum is helpful on the Cane Creek Website.

Requires authorized service centers to service the shock which can cost around $175.00. I think the recommended service interval is every 100 hrs riding or semi-annually. Service requires proprietary tools and oil. Depending how often you ride, If the shock needs to be serviced semi-annually thats $350 for the year. Thats a lot of money which is almost the cost of a new shock (I paid $400.00). If my shock needs servicing twice year or every 6 months, I might as well buy a new shock each year for around $400.00 and sell the used/old one for 200 to 300 bucks. Weight - heavier than Fox CTD, but I dont care b/c Im not a weight Weenie. The shock might not fit some bike frames.

Overall a great performing shock because you can individually tune the shock for your riding style. The shock out performs the Fox CTD. Once you set the sag on the Fox shock - your stuck with the factory tune in the Climb, Trail and Decend Mode. I felt the Fox tune was too overly compressed and overly damped - not allowing the VPP suspension function to its potential. For the Cane Creek Db Inline It took me 3-4 rides on my type on trails to dial in my personal tune - ive got a plush active suspension set up for the rough stuff and decents and a firm pedal platform for climbs and flat smooth terrain - but still offering some bump compliance. This Cane Creek DB Inline Shock is a game changer and worth the upgrade over the Fox CTD.
My Tune: Sag set to 17 mm, High Speed Compression 1, Low Speed Compression 7, High Speed Rebound 1, Low speed Rebound 10

Fox CTD