X-Fusion Slide RL 29er Forks

• Axle: 9mm

[Oct 04, 2019]
Cayenne_Pepa

OVERALL
Strength:

~ Buttery-smooth lockout switch ~ Rebound range is 20 clicks +/- ~ Weighs less than Rockshox Pike, but slightly more than SID @1764g(7" straight steerer) ~ 51mm offset Trail ~ Available in 80/100/120mm travel modes ~ Zero stiction ~ Better service interval, than equivalent FOX 32 RL FiT ~ Great trail manners, rivaling Fox, Rockshox and Manitou

~ Made only for one production year(2011) ~ Service documentation difficult to obtain ~ Parts not readily available

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2011
[May 09, 2014]
rob

OVERALL
Strength:

price,handling, ajustable

none yet

replaced sun tour that came on my 2011 rockhopper comp 29,what a differance! much more control faster tighter turning,like a new bike. money well spent would def recommend these forks.

[Oct 02, 2013]
Orr

OVERALL
Strength:

Price ! , work very good , swallow the Terrain perfectly , good building quality , very stiff

non so far

put it on Specialized Epic 29 insted of Rebal RL 29 -100mm and work perfectly , now i got very fast and trail ability bike
After 3 month of use i'm very satisfied from it , without any problems so far , good choice for bike building with low budget

FOX FLOAT RL 29

[Apr 04, 2013]
Trcseb

OVERALL
Strength:

Price!

None so far

I bought these to upgrade a RockShox that came on my Kona. They were spongy and just had no feel to them. I read the reviews on these and got a good deal on ebay and put them on last week. They feel as good as Fox talas that I have on my stumpy. I look forward to many rides with these. BTW another reviewer said the lockout didn't work well at first and mine did the same thing after a couple of rides it works fine.

Fox Talas 140

[Dec 09, 2012]
Juanmoretime

OVERALL
Strength:

Appears well built, solid feel and precise steering. Cheaper than Fox and works just as well if not better.

None so far. Time will tell.

I bought this when my Fox F29RL blew a seal since I was curious to see what X-Fusion forks were all about. I liked what I read but there is just not a lot out there on these forks. Installation was no different than any other fork. While X-Fusions site says to use the air pressure guide on the fork there is not one on it. At first I went with 75 PSI and it was too much and am now about 65 which allows full travel. The steering is much crisper than my Fox and so far I find to be a great fork. Now I just need to see how well its working in a year or so. One thing that can be said for Fox is they are built to last.

Reba ( garbage) Fox F29RL

[Nov 15, 2012]
aardvack

OVERALL
Strength:

Price

You can't change the travel with common bikes tools.
The pressure table isn't into the left leg of the fork and into the XFusion website, isn't available information.
Quality of the decals and the lockout lever.
You can't get spares on the web.

I haven't the pressure table and I must be required to the factory. They sent me a picture with this table, but the fork is very hard for the recommended to my weight.
In the beggining, the lockout don't works, but later, with 20 rides, started do it.
Isn't very absorvent on little potholes, but is confortable in any moment.
For the price, it's the better than you can get.

Rock Shox Reba SL

[Nov 11, 2012]
rkhall

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, price, simplicity, company values

Internal travel adj, 15mm QR axle

Received this fork as a warranty item for a POS Marzocchi Bomber 44. Very happy with fork performance to date. Fork was a breeze to set up and has very smooth travel. The 15 mm axle is a bit of a chore to properly secure the front wheel. Really had to "stand on" the lever to take the play out of the hub. Would like to see an external travel adjust and would spend more $$ for it. Like the fact that the R&D office is located in the Santa Cruz.

Marzocchi Bomber 44 TST2 29er

[Sep 04, 2012]
gribbles

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Looks, Solid fork with great adjust-ability, Stellar performance.

The dampening is a bit confusing, but if you just count the clicks from positive to negative it's easy to find the middle and go from there.

I bought this to replace the crappy suntour that came on my Scott Aspect 29 Sport. I am incredibly happy with it. Where the suntour wouldn't stay planted and bounced around - this fork soaks it all up and keeps me planted. I'm a big guy (250lbs) and this fork handles me with ease. If you need a great dual air fork at a solo air price - this is it!

[Jul 22, 2012]
DanInVermont

OVERALL
Strength:

Price. Can't beat the price (and still get reasonable quality). Fit and finish is up to par with comprable forks I'm familiar with.

I'd like instructions on how to adjust travel- not actually sure which setting it's on out of the box. I'd like better instructions on proper lockout setup.

4 out of 5 because of the price- this isn't exactly a top shelf item, but for the price it's truly remarkable. I'm very impressed with this fork for the price. I've been riding rockshox for a while, before that marzocchi and manitou. A little experience with Fox too. I ride new england XC primarily, with some rough XC/all mtn terrain thrown in. I'm 6'3", 220 lbs, riding a hardtail. I don't count ounces; the fork could be a little lighter, but again- for the price, can't complain. This fork is more torsionally rigid than I expected, has great progressivity, and adjustability is good. Setup is straightforward, packaging and instructions are good. I only have about a dozen rides on this fork now, but wanted to post a review because there's so little info yet from folks who have had 'em out in the dirt. No bad experiences yet, will post if something goes wrong or if it doesn't hold up.

rockshox pike

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.