RockShox Pike Ultimate 29er Forks

Best Price At

• Completely re-designed to reduce hand fatigue and fight unwanted friction, the new Chargerâ„¢ 2.1 damper increases confidence and control over every trail
  • Chargerâ„¢ 2.1 RC2 damper option featuring independent high and low speed compression adjust
  • Chargerâ„¢ 2.1 RCT3 damper option featuring 3-position compression adjust (open/pedal/firm) with low speed compression adjust
  • New ultra-low friction SKF wiper seals provide long lasting fork performance and improve overall suspension feel
  • New Maxima Plush damping fluid reduces friction and silences damper noise

Available Models:

• Travel-120mm, 130mm, 140mm, 150mm, 160mm

[May 09, 2020]
austinzippy

OVERALL
Strength:

140mm RC2.1 on a Ripley V4. I was having hand/wrist pain on long, fast, rough downhill sections on the Fox 34 140mm. Correct sag, etc. My first reaction to the pike was that I thought my front tire was going flat. It's quite a bit more soft for the first 20mm of travel. I'm not sending the bike or anything like that, just jumping off the odd 2ft drop/ledge. No complaints, but I am probably not a strong enough rider to know if this truly is a better fork for crazy fast/rough stuff. My perception is that it's a more plush fork and seems more composed when riding down City Park (a local trail here in Austin with a lot of ledges).

Side by side with the Fox Factory 34 140mm (4.02lb) is only 0.13 lb lighter than the pike. The spacer required for the brake caliper on the fox (Fox is 160mm vs 180mm on the Pike) plus the heavier axle on the fox accounted for smaller delta than I expected.

Price Paid:
Retail - 15%
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2020

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.