Manitou R7 MRD 2013 Forks

• Damping: TPC
  • Adjustments: Compression, rebound, preload
  • Spring: TS Air
  • Stanchions: 30mm, Aluminium
  • Steerer: Aluminum, 1 1/8"

[Jun 29, 2015]
Kartwheel68

OVERALL
Strength:

The damping and overall action of this fork is great. Mine came with the MILO remote lockout, which is the first time I have had a fork with a remote. Its easy to install and works perfectly. The fork is also very light. I grew up racing off road motorcycles, and I like the fact that the Manitou damper uses a shim stack just like a motorcycle shock/fork. I am very familiar with the shim system and I was able to easily change the shim stack to get the compression damping I wanted.

Since the R7 is an XC race fork it emphasizes light weight over stiffness, because of that it does flex a bit more than the XC forks with 32mm stanchions, but the flex is not too bad. Its also only available in straight 1-1/8th steerers and 9mm QR, but really, if you need those features, you dont really want a fork this light anyway. I weigh 145lbs so it might be more of an issue with someone heavier.

Overall I am very happy with this fork. I was worried that the 30mm stanchion tubes would flex too much, and I was torn on this fork or the Marvel which has 32mm stanchions. I think for the bike I built, a traditional XC hardtail, this was the perfect fork.

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.