Manitou Minute Expert 2012 Forks

• Axle: 9mm

[Mar 16, 2013]
Joe Hart

OVERALL
Strength:

Cost
Durability
Strength
Design

Weight

I am a 200lb + rider and I have gone through some forks. I didn't want to drop over $500 on a front fork so I decided to give the expert a shot. I went with the 100mm travel...let me tell you this has been the best fork out of the box I have ever used. Easy set up...make sure you set the sag, add or let some air pressure out if the shock to get 2cm of sag. This fork improved my trail times immediately.

Dart Recon, Dart 3, Fox Float

[Aug 07, 2012]
dubk

OVERALL
Strength:

Super plush, very tune-able, 32mm stanchions, $hundreds$ less than Fox, ABS feature so easy to use and great for climbing, good for heavy riders

Doesn't come with a star nut but that cost me $2.50 installed

Went from a 100mm Manitou Answer to the 130mm Expert. Installed myself and used at 220lbs on medium spring, am now at 205lbs on same spring setting, still really plush. Love the coil spring, ordered the firm to see if there is a difference ($8 why not?). Made me a better rider with more sure-footedness on single track,loves ruts and bumps, can barely feel them anymore. Supposedly less maintenance than Fox. Slightly heavier than Fox but I need to drop weight before the bike does. ABS works well, helps on the climb. Great deal at $280 shipped.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.