Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti 2011 Forks

Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti Fork 2011: Single-sided titanium coil spring system with external coil preload and air-assist adjustability. RC3 open-bath oil damping cartridge: externally adjustable rebound, position sensitive compression, and auto high/low-speed...

[Jun 27, 2020]
prezes1984

OVERALL
Strength:

super small bump sensitivity, works great on fast trails with roots. just makes trails easier :) it works just like a 160 fork but it only has 140 mm - super good performance. No new pike, fox 34 can get so good on small bumps. before I rode Marzocchi Z1 Drop Off 2003 - that was a good fork for its time, didn't know it could be outdone, 44 ti is better on everything. Takes bigger hits better then a X-fusion slant 160mm.

hard to find one new or used

Price Paid:
[Dec 17, 2014]
monkies
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Good price
Suspension was awesome before Marzocchi 'fixed' it

Busted from the get, now just a stiffer fork that isn't as plush at all
Usual issues with busted parts with Zoke

The RC3 cartridge was busted from the get. I didn't know about it until I took it in to get routine maintenance done on the fork (let the shop know that I never got that last 1" of travel out of the fork no matter what air pressure I ran...I'm 150 lbs). The fork worked great before the fix, and was plush, with the compression adjustment knobs all varying in compression. The only issue was never get that last bit of travel. The shop said the cartridge was busted and sent to Marzocchi to have it fixed. Well it came back with a pretty crappy rebuild...the compression adjust knobs at the top now go from rigid/pretty stiff/same feel/ same feel/ opened up. The rebuild also left the fork super rigid feeling now as well. Needless to say, I'm not buying a Zoke fork ever again even though I've had this and a Bomber before. I thought about a 888 for my dh bike, but not now...

[Feb 18, 2011]
Quicksilver77

OVERALL
Strength:

Very smooth ride yet still fairly light. Also like the reliability of coil spring fork. Forks have compression and rebound adjustment.

This fork has no lockout or travel adjustments.

So far I'm really happy with these forks. I got them set up right and haven't touched the adjustments since then. These forks do not have a lockout but I haven't found myself missing it at all. With the titanium spring and open bath design these forks should be very reliable with little maintenance compared to air sprung forks. These forks also come with a 3 year warranty from Marzocchi should anything go wrong.

Other Marzocchi forks, Manitou and Fox.

[Feb 14, 2011]
will8250

OVERALL
Strength:

Effective adjustments, good damping, 15mm axle system is simple and works well

Only comes with one spring. If you're below the riding weight, you're SOL. Weird proprietary top caps that aren't so user service friendly.

I like the fork a lot so far. Replaced a 3 year old Pike Dual Air that I LOVED. Damping seems good. Not a huge range of adjustment but works well enough for my needs. Chromed stanchions look cool but seem to require some lube to keep them moving smoothly. Only small gripe is that the stock Ti spring is fork someone 10 to 20 pounds heavier than I. Since I'm not willing to shell out another $200 or whatever for a new spring, I'm using the stock one, so the fork is a bit over-sprung for me (although I do like that the fork stays high in the travel and seems to be more brake dive resistant than the Pike, which may also be a function of the compression damping). If you're significantly less than 140# and don't want to buy a softer spring, I'd say skip this fork. Otherwise, so far so good.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.