Fox Shox 36 Float-R 2009 Forks

• 6.3"(160 mm) of travel
  • Post style disc mounts
  • Integrated disc brake hose guide
  • Air spring pressure
  • 20 mm quick release thru axle system

[Aug 03, 2010]
kimi rossi

OVERALL
Strength:

looks, lightweight, 20qr, air adjustability, simplicity

20qr feels like a toy compared to rs maxle, expensive for a base model

not as smooth as my pike and revelation coils. but a little more breaking in would solve this i guess. simple but with the basic adjustments needed for a nice ride. the maxle is way better for me. but i'm sure this fork will be a winner. chose the R model because it is way cheaper and i have a dhx rc2 @ the back but i think i can do without the high/low speed comp adjustments.

rs revelation 426, pike 426

[Jun 23, 2009]
Graeme Simpson

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, strong, smooth...nice looking fork as well.

None so far

I enjoyed this bike from the get-go. However the front/back balance was way off till adding the Float 36.
Now it is a monster. I'm 50 plus so a bit old to be riding off cliffs - but this has given me a lo more confidence in rooty and rocky section (stay off the brakes!).
My wife rides an 08 Trek Remedy 9. Great bike and she's not young either but does do big jumps and drop offs. She's also got Float 36s on and loves them.
However I still rate the Nomad with 36s as a marginally better climber.
Easy 5 chillis...

Got a 6 year old 100mill Fox Float on my singlespeed and a 2008 Fox 120 on my Blur. Nomad had a 140mill Talas fork when I got it. Nice fork but way too short and light for the Nomad set up.

[May 15, 2009]
slimat99

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, reliable, perfect size for all mountain riding

20mm axle has come loose twice

What a great fork!! I've pounded this thing for a year with zero issues. I set it up to my preferance, and haven't put the air pump on it since. I ride a lot: 3 to 5 days a week depending on weather. very impressed with the overall feel of the fork; I've not bottomed it once, very progressive in the last 1 to .5 inches of travel. My only gripes would be the rebound has to be dialed many clicks before anything happens, and the axle has come loose twice, but that was probably my bad for not checking it periodically. The axle is VERY easy to use, better design than RS's Maxel. These aren't cheap, but you are buying quality. So far this is the best fork I've owned.

many Marjokies, RS Pike, RS Totem

[Oct 09, 2008]
ridin26s

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, smooth

price

Amazing. Floats like it's name. Feels better after one ride than my 55 ever did. Expensive, but its worth it. Rebound and preload are easy to set.

Marzocchi 55 tst2
Marzocchi 66 vf

[Jul 23, 2008]
nvan

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight

None yet

Just put it on and been out a couple of times, so far its great. Easy to set to my weight and riding style.

Chose the R because I'm a rider who sets a fork and just rides it, I'll report again later after 10 more rides on the hill and and see how it'll play out, but all ready seems sweet and responsive and super easy to pedel.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.