Fox Shox 32 Vanilla RLC 2009 Forks

• 5.5"(140 mm) of travel
  • Integrated disc brake cable guide
  • Post style disc brake mount
  • Ergonomic lockout lever(RLC)
  • Externally adjustable lockout force(RLC)

[Aug 30, 2018]
Rontenbichler

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength: coil spring, ease of setup, performance from smallest bumps to full travel drops

Weakness: a little heavier than an air fork, needs annual service badly I haven been riding the fork in this for 5 years now in a SJ Stupjumper FSR. Originally, it was a Talas with bad small bump performance an the painful habbit of drowning in its travel in steep downhill sections. Best decision ever to convert it into a Vanilla! On steep uphills you have to lean forward more than with a "low" talas, but as far as downhill performance is concerned, it's well worth it. Although the Vanilla seems pretty simple mechanics to me, Service is as expensive as for more complicated models and has to be done every year (occasional riding, but really using its travel) as it gets harsh in the end. As the fork is so much fun riding, 5 stars anyway.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2009
[Feb 03, 2011]
viper82

OVERALL
Strength:

coil spring

too much setup and adjustment

chip, durable and smooth coil spring fork i ever tried.

none so far

[Sep 15, 2010]
mitchman1982

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, I went the old oil fork route for price, and have not been dissappointed, good suspension and pretty smooth, more adjustment than I care for. A good fork should only have a lockout in my opinion

slightly heavier than any air fork. I wish it had a remote lockout on the handlebar.

Great fork for the $$$, durable, smooth, and oil forks have been tested for 20 years now. We will see how the air forks hold up to time.

Marzocchi forks

[Aug 14, 2009]
forrest25

OVERALL
Strength:

good looks, durability, light weight,

I'm sure any FOX product is great, but these vanillas are the heat. I paid the extra money and I got the 15mm QR and if you don't mind looking around for a hub to fit it, I would do the same. The Shocks absorb anything you throw at them. Ive 5ft drop offs or rocks in the middle of the trail, they soak up everything. Really easy to adjust the lockout and the rebound. Do your self a favor and spend the extra money and get yourself some vanillas.

[Aug 07, 2008]
lightplay

OVERALL
Strength:

Ease of setup and use.

None so far

AN excellent fork. After three air forks, the last one (pike) developed a squeaky crown, I decided to go back to a coil. The vanilla rlc is very easy to set up. No more adjusting air pressures and contaminating the front hydros with sprits of oil. I dialed in sag, set blow off and rebound and I'm done. I forgot how smooth a coil fork is. It really matches the rear shock (swinger 3way) on the reign, I never could really balance the front and rear to my liking. That is a thing of the past. I now can go from 15% to 25% sag by adjusting prelode with a couple of turns and adding or subtracting 10 psi in the back. Very simple. What really amazes me with the vanilla is the compression circuit. VERY effective. 8 click setting but a huge differance between 1 and 8. I have been running at 20% sag and position 2 and experience no brake dive or front end diving in fast g turns. I did bottom the fork out off of a four foot'r to flat at speed, went back, added a couple of clicks compression and the fork reacted accordingly, no more bottom out. This really made my day. I now am able to run with more sag and adjust "compression" for the type of trail I am going to ride on a given day. No more added air to plus and minus chambers for a given ride. a Big plus in my book. For a fork that is so easy to setup there is heaps of high performance.
I just hope it stays together, time will tell.

Pike, Reba race, Reba, Manitou tcp+