Fox Shox 32 Vanilla R 2007 Forks

The same technology employed in FOX's high-end cartridges - multiple circults and precision shim controlled oil flow - is also found in the base-level R damper, along with external, click-by-click adjustable rebound and speed sensitive performance.

[Jun 17, 2007]
P. Legault

OVERALL
Strength:

Very plush, New geometry for this years model mean the brace is much stronger and will resit twisting and breaking alot more.

Lack of lock out and compression, but i decided to buy the R version.

This seems to be the plushest fork in its class, and can be used for XC AM and light FR with 5.5 inches of travel and 32 mm stanchions. And it hansnt bottoms out yet. It is also very low maintenance do to it only having rebound adjusments. I would truly recommend this fork to anyone who would like a good high quality name brand fork fork all purpose riding.

Low end Mozo vibe (came with bike)

[Nov 09, 2006]
rodney stone

OVERALL
Strength:

Buttery smooth, Progressive!

Nothing that can't be sorted by buying RLC's - these came on my bike (Orange P7). I.e., lack of lockout and compression adjustment.

Buy some - smooth, stiff and light for a coil/oil fork. Perfect match to a good quality steel frame. No harshness to the ride, superbly controlled damping. Longevity a minor concern - these suckers look BUILT!, but early days yet. We'll see, but the way these ride, i'd pay to keep them in top condition! Suit my riding, trail riding + XC.

Rockshox Duke

[Feb 03, 2008]
Dufus

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stiff even compared to 07 Fox air forks durable and plush as can be.

Depending on your set up it may be bobby on climbs.

On my ML is was great except for climbing where it bouced a lot causing the bike to wobble on the slow climbs, but in the technical stuff it was top notch. It is very stiff and it goes where it is pointed like it should.

I put it on my 07 Enduro elite which had a float 130rl. The float had some flex and this thing which has a 1/2" plus axle to Crown difference was stiffer by a long shot. I also was able to do some slow technical climbs and it gave little to no bounce. I think this fork on the right bike does what it is intended to do and it's hard to find products that live up to their expectations. I don't like giving 5 Chili's but this for is great.

Only air forks From fox, Manipoo, and Rock Slop.

[Oct 23, 2007]
Sam
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, strength, pretty stiff and above all - simple! I bought these to replace some All Mountain 1's that kept breaking (issues with the TST cartridge and the rebound as well) and took 7 weeks to repair! So I wanted something simple and these seemed to fit the bill. very plush as well and the bottom out is much smoother than on Marzocchi's - a gentle thud to let you know that you've gone through all the travel - not a loud crack as metal hits metal!

No 20mm axle option - about time Fox - not all of us want a 36 or can afford them! A 20mm 32 Van R would be perfect.

Absolutley superb forks, super plush, pretty stiff (there is a bit or rotor rub as you go round corners), good weight, tyre clearance etc. Look pretty good as well - as I said before, a 20mm option with a Maxle would be my perfect trail/muck about fork.

All sorts of Marzocchis (orig 96 z1's, 66's, 888's AM1's, Shivers, various other Z1's), Pikes (ick - not a good experiene), 05 Fox Van R's (ace forks that stood up to some serious punishement).

[Oct 19, 2007]
Zak A.

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality all the way through

I knew the shox had no lockout and damping wich i didnt want anyway. So in my opinion there are none.

the first proper fork i have ever used. since i have tried the other marz, and manitou,and fox is the king, great on trails, and on road, jumping and landing is soo easy, you feel that you are in control always. Fox are the best forx in the world, thats just not my opinion. Bottom line if you want control,quality and something that makes your bike look sexy this is it.

non other compares