Bicycling Magazine Magazine

Bicycling Magazine

[Jun 12, 2008]
bobbq

OVERALL
Strength:

None - Worst magazine ever created. Nothing but ads. I have had three subsription and off...but never hgain. See weakness.

Ooffer free issues, and then when you cancel, turn your name over to collection agnecy. I have turned them in to my state attorney generls office for fraud and misrepresentation.

Do not subsribe!

[Jun 04, 2003]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

None at this point.

Not quite sure who this magazine is catering to. Most of the articles are not even remotely interesting. The format just does not flow very well at all.

I originally had a subscription to both Bicycling and Mountain Bike up until 2 years ago when I let Bicycling run out. Now, the magazines have merged and you get both, but fewer times per year.

That being said, the July issue of Bicycling is probably the worst magazine I have read in recent memory. Not interesting at all. The accompanying issue of Mountain Bike was marginal at best. Once these subscriptions run out - that's it for me. I'll get my info online.

These magazines are a complete waste of money.

Mountain Bike (also poor), Bike (not as bad).

[Feb 12, 2003]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Not really any now. Bicycling used to be good (by cyclists, for cyclists) but now it's for bike dilettantes. Too bad they don't still have Frank Berto and the gang. I subscribed to this for 15 or so years so I think I have room enuf to grip....

Form over function. I can get through an issue in one session in the "little room"! Large font's = less words = lot's of fluff!

If it's a freebie then OK, else get something else or wait for them to turn it back over to real cyclists! Shame on you, Rodale!!

Winning, Cyclesport, some older (early 70's) euro-racing rags.

[Mar 05, 2002]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Some decent articles, decent reveiws that's about it.

In a word "boring" I'm not sure what the editors and writers really do for this magazine. Go out and find something interesting to write about!!! and while you're at it hire some photographers that like to go out and get dirty. Too many "stock" photos here. Let's see something on the trails!

One issue I received last year was just plain pathetic. It was some kind of "Best Legs" competition, with studio portraits of cyclists legs...give me a break, you've gone "cosmo" on us!! This magazine has gone way downhill in recent years.

bike, MBA, mountain bike

[Dec 19, 2006]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

it was in the store, something to read. a few funny parts

gay as crap. too much road stuff. almost no mountain bike articles

it sucks, don't waste your $4. The articles are lame and they're for roadies. you don't want it.

mountain bike action

[Apr 26, 2004]
Bill Meadows

OVERALL
Strength:

lines the bottom of the birdcage better than any other....

everything between the covers

wife got me a subscription to mountain biking. when that magazine got "folded" into bicycling i started getting it instead. now i know that everybody has to start someplace but come on!!!! its drivel!!! i cannot believe that people really ask the "questions" that they do! sounds more to me as if lazy editors are just throwing out the same stupid stuff every ten issues or so, seems like the same stuff comes up on a fairly regular basis. this magazine used to be ok a couple of years ago, those days are gone...save yer money and buy dirt rag...its the best there is.

dirt rag(the best), MBA(pretty good), mountain biking(started out good and went downhill)

[Jan 29, 2002]
wrenchwench

OVERALL
Strength:

Lots of blurbs that are motivational for when I'm riding or training. Training tips are just that: this isn't a manual; it's a magazine--lighten up!

Need more articles, less pictures.

Good light hearted magazine that makes me feel happy for being a cyclist, and that's what it all comes down to.

Velo Snooze (good only for euro cyclists who want to see their names in print)

[Apr 07, 2007]
Mark

Subcription Dept. from HELL

Offer for a free, two issue trial subscription came with my new Giant bike. Just the two issues are ever mailed but the mag treats it like a normal one year subscription and immediately starts billing me. I ignore the billings since they never ask if I want to take the mag beyond the two issue, free trial. Billing notices become threats to turn my account over to a collection agency. Threats become reality when notices from a collection agency arrive. I call Bicycling Mag and they say they will straighten things out. B.S. of course, since I just got the second notice from the collection agency yesterday, two months after Bicycling Mag’s assurances. BE FOREWARNED!

[Jan 07, 2002]
mike b

OVERALL
Strength:

what?

way too many to type about in this space

i agree with david in boston. this magazine is written by simps for simps.

the previous reviewer states that the reviews a more thorough than what he reads here. let me tell you something, my friend--i'd rather read reviews wrtten by real riders who pay real money who really care about how those parts purchased with their hard earned money perform--rather than something scribbled by some geek who's under pressure from a company to review their product, and hopefully say something good about it.

bicycling magazine is getting so bad i don't even look at it on the newsstand--it's just as bad as mountain biker.

how did a magazine this bad spawn something as good as mountain bike?

most all of them

[Jan 07, 2002]
Albert

OVERALL
Strength:

good product reviews, inexpensive, relevant cycling information, style man is funny

none, it is everything I expected it to be

I am not sure why everyone keep giving Bicycling bad reviews. These bad-rating-givers keep saying that there is no content in this magazine (maybe they should check out a good book from the library). I don't know what they mean by that because I find most of the writing in the magazine interesting and useful(and I am not of the 15 yr old demographic). I find the product reviews to be much more accurate and detailed than the reviews on this website. Not only is the magazine good at providing useful advice and information, it also is good at making you laugh( I refer to Style Man). The website is pretty good too. Bottom line: Bicycling Magazine is full of good all-around cycling information and very good product reviews, and you can't beat the price (11.97+1.97s/h for 11 issues). You'll probably spend more money this year on Skittles at the Piggly Wiggly than you will on Bicycling, so even if it doesn't have the kind of content you're looking for it'll be worth your money.

MBA, Mountain Bike

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.