Orange G2 Older XC Hardtail

• Saddle: SDG Bel Air

[Sep 11, 2006]
andrew superman

OVERALL
Strength:

durable, hydro brakes, forks

dreaileur

my freind bought this bike used and the derialuer mount broke vry quickly and now hes convertin it to single speed
good bike weak mounts

various hardtails aroun 500$

[Oct 23, 2006]
Nathan Butler

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent frame, responds perfectly out the box

I spent ages looking into XC FS and HT, and everythime the Orange Gringo came up tops, Being used a to full Titanium frame (which did snap in the end) I was a bit unsure of it, but once I took it for a test ride it felt just right.

If your thinking of getting a Treck 6500, or Speclized think again try this bike, if cost is a factor then go for the Gringo, its basically the same bike but had V-Brakes.

Take it from me this will be the best bike you ever buy!!!!

Last ever hand built M-Trax Titanium

[Mar 07, 2008]
Gary Mason

OVERALL
Strength:

Disk breaks seem to have good stopping power (still bedding in) and are a massive improvement over my last bikes mechanical disks. Compared to some of the other big bike makers out there the spec compared very well across the board.

I like the frame set up and its understated colour scheme, Not keen on the paint jobs on the equiv Kona bikes.. and when there is so much out there at the same spec and price range, something has to decide it for you.

Everyone falls off their mountain bike right?? I would not expect to have to straighten out the rear deralliur hangar after a low speed fall onto very soft ground!

Documentation supplied with the FUNN breaks is poor and there is little support for them on the internet as yet. They are similar to the Hayes offering though, so their service guides seem to 'fit'.

The pedals on this bike are some of the uglyest I have ever seen (but i havent slipped off them yet)

I am no pro, I have had some big crashes in the past so am easing myself back in to build confidence. Bottom line is that despite my knocks I enjoy going out on this bike. I enjoy it a lot. There are components on there that I can see would benefit from an upgrade but the frame is good, the forks are not top of the line but hey, its a low - mid priced bike so what would you expect.

After my last bike got stolen I wanted something that did not jump out, that had quality but did not overtly advertise it so it can be safely (within limits) locked up after a trip too the office. It gets a tick in the box there.

Like i said, I am using this as a 'rehab' bike for confidence and also to try and re-gain my fitness so I am using it a lot on the road, and trying to get out on the trails at weekends and it works great for both. The locking front forks are a great feature over my previous bikes.

There are a lot of other bikes out there at the same price and at the same spec, but I am happy with my choice. A good bike.

Would get a 4 for overall if I hadn't had to beat bits straight after an insignificant fall

GT, Scott

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.