Tioga City Slickers Older Tires

Tioga City Slicker: Smooth tire with traction sipes for street use. Standard long life rubber compound, 66tpi...

[Aug 12, 2012]
Jovan G.

OVERALL
Strength:

They work great on my beach cruiser. the difference in ease of pedaling is significantly better.

Installing the tire can be a daunting task if you don't have enough experience.

i use these on my 26" mens beach cruiser. the wheels are 26x1.25 and the tires are 26x1.95. the inner tube is a thorn resistant tube, alot thicker than the regular ones that come with most cruisers. my bike now can be inflated to a higher PSI, maintains momentum much better, and looks cooler, too. I have no regrets with the tires, they're just fun.

[Jan 09, 2011]
Yakuza Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

ultra low price,oem of Mitsuboshi tire(made in Japan)

official weight is wrong?(maybe more heavy)

city slicker amor& city slicker pro are oem of Mitsuboshi tire.Mitsuboshi has never saled since 2007, but City slicker is still popular among sigle pisto riders in Japan,because natural dry grip&comfort& various size
very comfortable&smooth riding.sometimes i ride with my daughter on the rear carrier,she says "no hip pain"
city slicker is the origin of all slick tires.

Tioga city slicker pro 26×1.5

[Feb 23, 2010]
Jay

OVERALL
Strength:

Best Traction tire I have found -Super Fast-
Only 10mm of rubber touch ground when going straight--
been using City Slickers for 15 years-
over 75,000 miles--saved my skin Hundreds of times--
I use the 1.95 front and back- nice cushy ride

early gum side wall would go south in 8 months-
this has been fixed with the new Black wall tires

Best street tire on the market --

I have tried Many street slicks and nothing comes close
to the grip and speed of City Slickers

[May 22, 2008]
abdul fattah

OVERALL
Strength:

real smooth, ,low rolling resistance, just fast....

slippery even if there is some sand...nearly fell on a tight corner with some sand...

very good value for money...gets me to school and tuition faster than before....good for long rides...just love them...

nothin...just converted from kenda mtb tires

[Aug 13, 2006]
David Stanley

OVERALL
Strength:

Fantastic road tire. Long wearing, great traction. Silent

Fantastic tire. I have over 30,000 miles on Tioga City Slickers. Never been disappointed. I'm currently on my 3rd set. Started with the 1.9's, then switched to 1.5's.

Not sure what the gal from Englands problem has been. I've had my MT bike up to 63 mph, loose gravel, highspeed turns, you name it. Never had a single problem related to the tires.

[Sep 13, 2001]
Jeff

OVERALL
Strength:

High pressure, low rolling resistance, quiet, inexpensive.

The main weakness is the sidewall. I have totally trashed the sidewalls on the front and rear tires after two months of commuting 25 miles round trip. I have also averaged one flat per week, but I don't hold that against the tires.

After trying these tires I'm going to go back to the IRC Metro Duro. My last set of IRC Metros (non-kevlar belted) seemed to last forever.

IRC Metro

[Sep 12, 2000]
Mike Atlas

OVERALL
Strength:

Low rolling resistance, still absorbs bumps well even though not as big as dirt tires.

Anything other then pavement is kinda a pain to get through....

Very good overall road tire. I can easily outpace riders on knobbies with the same amount of effort. Just watch out for mud and dirt, these puppies won't cut it. Also, I haven't notice pebbles getting caught in the center groove and making noise. I give it 4 flaming turds, since I don't have experience with any other road tires to compare it to.

[Apr 05, 2001]
Toby

OVERALL
Strength:

I thought I ought to review these again as I have a few things to add. They are still good tires, light with good grip on the road and corners etc.

The side walls. I have gone through several pairs now some damage was due to the brakes rubbing after wear but the generally seem to degrade with use and the side walls are thin anyway.

I still think these are good tires but they are not that durable. The nylon or something in the sidewalls degrades with time. Apart from this I've been pretty happy with them . I did get a lot of punctures with them and had green slime in my inner tubes (fantastic stuff) I have now switched to a pair of Specialized Armadillo tires. A 3 & 3 to balance the 5 I gave below.

I have just bought a pair of Specialized Armadilos.

[Mar 24, 2000]
Joe Elliott
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent road tire overall. Very fast, smooth ride. 1.95 width is perfect for downtown (jumping curbs, grates etc)

Corners poorly (I am a downhiller... on the road is a new thing for me). the wire bead is a pain to put on/take off

Great tire for anyone who has a 26" rim and just cannot ride on a razor thin 1.25 or less road tire. Very little resistance (no knobbies) and smooth ride on the road. Tough to get used to on the corners... they slide on gravel and water quite quickly! At only $18.50 a tire at the MEC, how can you go wrong!

None.

[Apr 16, 1998]
Toby Whitley
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I have two bikes one I use for off road and the other (a GT Timberline) for road. I have just put these slick tires on and they are fantastic. They hold the road better, corner well and increase my speeds by 3-4 miles an hour as the rolling resistance is so much less. The grip on anything other than tarmac is not so good but I think in the summer when the dirt tracks round here dry out I might try putting them on my off road bike and see how fast I can go while staying on the bike. Money well spent!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.