Geax Warp Older Tires

• Front-specific tread with tapered, medium-height blocks laid out in a chevron pattern for stable directional control and excellent braking characteristics.
  • The high strength-to-weight ratio of the knobs yields good handling while providing excellent driving efficiency.
  • Multi condition tire - good for varied terrain.
  • Excellent match for rear-specific Hook.

Folding 26 x 2.15 560g
    Wire 26 x 2.15 610g

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 11, 2001]
    Bryan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cornering grip and responsiveness!

None so far.

The first time I threw the Warp into high-speed corner, expecting the normal HotS float, I about got thrown as the Warp grabbed hold of the loose stuff and and refused to let go! Running in the "Hard" direction, the Warp is almost scary in it's ability to grip in a controlled manner. On the rare occassion when it's pushed too far, the tire is easy to reign back in. The rounded profile seems to lend itself well to rolling front duty, far more so than the Michelin's square-ish mugshot. It's wide enough to roll over most anything, and has survived tallis fields, roots, tombstone rocks, etc. without a hitch. A killer performer for XC riding and racing, and lite-duty free riding.

Michelin Hot S, IRC Mythos

[Apr 10, 1999]
    Jumper
    Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

GREAT grip! Looks really kool and doesnt slide...all around great tire

On mine the side walls cracked which sucks because I loved that little tire. best front tire i've ever used. i took it back to my LBS and got a bontrager revolt ST2 in place of it. i miss my geax.

Awesome tire aside from the fact that the sidewalls cracked. Would still be riding it if it wasnt for that! 4 flaming pieces of crap because they cracked.

Bontrager Revolt ST2, WTB VelociRaptor

[Jul 15, 1997]
    sap
    cross-country rider

OVERALL

What a great tire! so far i've only tried this front model, and my initial impressions are all positive. I believe this company is a collaberation between Ibis and Vittoria. as with any Scot Nicol product it is superb, unique and oozes performance. I haven't even tried it in muddy conditions (which i believe it was intended for), but the hardpack performance is great. And it's got green side walls!! If you can find 'em, try 'em. Look them up at http://www.geax.com.

[Nov 21, 2000]
    BMW WARD

OVERALL
    Strength:

Kevlar version is light!

Tread wears quickly!

great tire for the money. Purchased at PricePonit for real cheap. The Hook/Warp combo works fine. I run the front in the hard condition and the rear in the soft condition. They are very narrow tires that wear pretty fast.

too many to list

[Jul 06, 2000]
    Stu-Mon

OVERALL
    Strength:

Less than $20. But is this really a strength?

I bought it!

Bought the Hook/Warp combo after reviewing many-o-tires. Decided that this was the combo I should go with. After the 4th ride, my confidence was completely shot, even after trying both directions, various air pressures, on several types of terrain. Cornering was poor, traction was worse, and this was on hard to semi-hard pack. On wet conditions, I experienced the worse performance ever. After being totally frustrated, I decided to replace the new Warp with my older Conti, and the very next ride improved ten fold.

I still have the Hook on the rear and I must say, I am very happy with it. But for the Warp, it now sits in the
    basement along with other items that I will place on Ebay in the very near future. I only hope that someone else
    will have better experience than I with it.

Conti Vertical Pro, Panaracer, WTB, Specialized, blah, blah, blah.....

[Jun 24, 2000]
    Peter

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lite 'n cheap (from Price Point or other mail-order outfit). The grrroovy grreen sidewalls match my bike. They grip well on rocks and roots; don't know about hardpack or sandstone...I run them for speed in front and grip in back, as far as tread direction goes.

Wear quickly, but since I ride about 6 miles on the road to get to the trails, that's probably the reason...The knobs seem a bit soft (which helps grip) but as I said before, they's not Velociraptors or some other indestructible tire.

I guess by now these are overstock so you can get the Hook and Warp for about $17 apiece...that's for a kevlar bead, and that's not bad...why spend more?

[Jun 19, 2000]
    Julian

OVERALL

An update from my earlier post. I switched the direction to Hard and now the tire performs very well... ignore all the advice from other riders telling you your front tire is mounted in the wrong direction. In the Soft direction, the tire washed out really easy. But now it's stable and very confidence inspiring.

[Apr 25, 2000]
    rich

OVERALL
    Strength:

See below- this is an update. Excellent cornering traction, predictability, reasonable weight and rolling resistance. Good in wet and loose.

The knobs have started to shed on the rear when pushed to the limits in rocky terrain.

I love the way these tires perform but hoped to get longer life from them. I hate it when knobs come off exposing the threads. So I am downgrading them to 3 stars and warning they should not be used as aggressive knobbies on the rear in rocky conditions.

many- raptors, mythos, smoke/dart, dusterpros, Zmax, helter/skelter, Bontys

[Apr 09, 2000]
    Meeksness

OVERALL
    Strength:

it' a gripper
    price
    excellent customer service from Vittoria (parent co.)

none so far

This is a great fr specific tire.
    You'll want to experiment with its direction though, many reviews cite disappointment one way, then they turn it around and go "wow dude, this tire rocks!"
    Not many fr specific tires can you do that with.

Finally, the company's customer service is TOPS!
    I had a minor issue with one of their tires, e-mailed them...got a response the very next morning! They made sure I was taken care of, promptly.
    Now I'm a happy mt biker.

Uhh, beam me up Scotty, to WARP speed...

too many

[Mar 28, 2000]
    Julian Woon

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light

Too skinny for a 2.15 in.
    Wear quickly

After reading all the great reviews below, I decided to order one from Pricepoint (btw, pricepoint sucks because it charges UPS "insurance. I don't know if that's true or if they just do it to make more money. Don't order from them, order from Universal Cycles instead)

Anyway, so when I put the Warp on the rim and pumped it up, it looked really skinny (hmm, maybe that's why they are so light). So I compared them to my OEM Michelin Wildrgrippers 1.95, and the Wildgrippers had a wider casing!! I was pretty disappointed because I wanted a really fat front tire.

I'm not sure if I got a factory defect or something, but another Geax Warp I saw looked pretty skinny.

Michelin, IRC Mythos

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.