Blackburn TP-3 Trak Pump Max Older Pumps

Blackburn TP-3 Trak Pump Max

[May 18, 2014]
Bill Johnson

OVERALL
Strength:

Great pump, easy to switch between schraeder and presto, company stands behind its products!!

none, had this pump over ten years, and with a little TLC, it still works great!

This pump is fantastic, any time I've had an issue (such as when I destroyed the two way head accidentally), Blackburn stood behind their product completely, and sent a replacement head. I've had this pump over ten years now, with no issues, it just works!

[Oct 13, 2010]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

I have had this pump tp-3, for well over 6 years. I didn't like the fact that you could only hold it with one foot but it has worked great with the exception of trying to "screw" the pump onto the stem. It would pop off when I would pump up the road bike tire over 130psi. So, it would only hold if you had two people air the tire up. After not using the pump for over two years I called Blackburn (now BELL) and after the first sentence she is sending me a new replacement head and should get it in about two weeks. How awesome. I was willing to pay since it was done due to normal wear but for them to replace it for free is really a great sign of a company willing to stand behind their product even if I bought this prior to BELL owning the company.

Head on pump you have to screw on to the stem and sometimes the spokes get in the way of tightening it down.

see above on strengths. Have had it over 6 years and still going strong.

[Jul 14, 2001]
Gilbert

OVERALL
Strength:

It at least gets up to pressure.

Unstable base. Poor seal at valve stem.

Basically a piece of crap. Too wobbly and the pump head will pop off the stem at pressure. I wish I bought something else. Surprising since some of the other Blackburn products work well.

Specialized; Silca

[Apr 10, 2001]
Dennis

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the TP-4 Trak Pump Pro. Seems well constructed; lifetime warranty.

Requires two hands to lock/unlock the head on the valve. The locking mechanism is stiff, so you have to struggle four separate times every time you pump up both tires. When disengaging the head from a Presta valve, after you turn the locking collar you musty instantly remove the head, otherwise all the tire's air runs out through the Schraeder side! Finally, the little wire collar intended to hold the air hose out of the way when stored is incredibly fiddly to use, even with two hands -- you'll never use it.

Would be a good pump with a decent head. I have a Beto pump (made by Norco)-- it's incredibly easy to attach/detach head with one hand.

I'm willing to pay for a good pump, but not this one.

Many

[Sep 01, 2000]
Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable. Does what it is supposed to do.

None thus far

This is a double review. Bought the TrakPump sport with the "Magic Gripper" Head. The head bent and broke my Presta valves and I could never get it to work with Schrader valves. I emailed Bell and they replied that they did not have a fix for the problem. Apparently I was not the only one. Months went by and I used uGetHeard to complain again. Well, Bell contacted me immediately and sent me a new TP3 Pump. Now that is customer service. Bell will be eliminating the Magic Gripper head from their product line until they can perfect it. Bell rocks in my book and I will continue to buy Bell, Blackburn and Rhode Gear products. With customer service like this, you can't go wrong. 1 Chile for the Sport pump, 5 Chiles for the new pump and 5 Chiles plus for Bell Sports.

Blackburn TPS2 Trakpump Sport

[May 11, 2000]
Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

solid, well built and gets the job done

Release is like discharging a firearm

This review is really for the "TP-4". This is a great pump that seals well to both presta and schrader valves. The pump nozzle requires more than what i would think is necessary force to clamp on to the valve, but it results in a great seal. It forces alot of air with each stroke and makes inflation quick. I like how the gauge is mounted at the toip for easy reading. It is also very accurate. this is a great pump for the shop or to pack in the car. At $53 with discount, it is more than i expected to pay, but if it holds up and does the job with no fuss, I'm happy!

zefal pumps

[Apr 29, 2000]
Hans

OVERALL
Strength:

This is for the TP-4----
Built sturdy, gage location on top is easy to read.

This thing will just about break your finger when you release the nozzle.

What can you say about a pump? It would be great if the nozzle release was better...

Various

[Dec 11, 1999]
lcunnion

OVERALL
Strength:

body is constructed well.
has a sturdy guage.
fully servicable.
lifetime warranty (can't beat that!).

i'm scared about the hose.
i'm scared about the nozzle.
only one foot platform :(

decent pump.
the hose and the nozzle do nothing for my peace of mind. but it is backed by a lifetime gaurantee.
which is why i bought it.
inflates like it should though - rather quickly and painlessly.
having one platform for stablizing really is a downer but hey - the things worked so far

any generic pump?

[Nov 19, 1999]
Mark Peskin
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Works well for both road & mountain tires. High quality aluminum cylinder & gage

Cheap plastic nozzle

I like everything about this pump but the Twistgip nozzle. I've only been using the pump a short time and the nozzle no longer functions: it recently started blowing air out of both the schraeder & presta sides regardless of which side is engaged. Result: no pressure. Personally, I'd rather have a simpler, more robust presta-only nozzle (How many people who spend this much on a floor pump have schraeder valves, anyway? Are you listening Blackburn?). The rest of the pump is built like a tank, and works very well, so consider this a mixed review.

Old specialized floor pump

[Jun 27, 1999]
Matthew Nielson
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything about this pump is great. I just bought the pump about 2 months ago, and the Twistgrip Dual Head Nozzle works great. Just twist and pump. The barrel pumps quick and the built-in gauge works great too.

None Yet.

5 chili's for this one, it works great so far. Buy it if you need a good floor pump

cheap walmart crap pump