CatEye HLNC200 DAY LITES Older Lights

Cat Eye HLNC200 DAY LITES

[Jan 12, 2000]
Mark Assinder

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Brightness with 6W bulb upgrade, Battery life using one beam.

Can't charge the battery on the bike.

For the money these lights are really the only option on the market at present. I ride my bike to work and back everyday, my route comprises of road and canal toepath. I find the wide beam more than acceptable for road use and when I need to see where I am going I just flick the spot beam on. Spares are readily available and inexpensive a spare battery costing £18.00. I bought a spare and just charge one whilst using the other. I have messed around with other products but have found that you would have to spend at least double if you wwanted to improve on this unit.

[May 31, 2001]
Greg Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

SuperDooper! Really good. I ahve two batteries, because a spare only cost me $18. I ahve spare bulbs, 2.4W, 6W and 10W. I put the 10W in with the other 10W and it still shined birghtly. It was amazingly bright. If I was a oncoming vehicle/biker I'd be blinded. The speard of light is pretty cool. I use these lights for everything nowadays. Excelltn Lights!

......ahumm.......Could Be cheaper I suppose. Couldn't everything!

Excellent Lights. I hear that there are replacemnts at an extra cost. If these are this bright, how bright are the new guys. WOW!

Lodsof others, but not as big and powerful

[May 26, 2001]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Very powerful lighting system. Battery last about 4 hours with the use of the one light, and about 1.5 hours with both lights runing constantly.

They are to big. They mount to far in front of the bars. I had a crash and one of the lights is now very loose easyly fixable I hope.

These lights will surly light up any trail that you can find. Very bright. I would defently recommend them.
I love my Cateye Daylights.

BLT Blitz helmet light. The Cateyes are much brighter.

[Oct 29, 1999]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

Work well inexpensive

Vibrate under extreme condition(not control loosing just annoying),Looks like it could break but haven't tested

They work well battery has a good life span. Good deal for the $.

Nothing to cool

[Oct 14, 1999]
Seth Weatherby

OVERALL
Strength:

Reasonably lightweight
Very powerful
Came with a 6w upgrade buld for the flood light

May be prone to beakage if you did happen to crash.

I was a bit sketchy on wether or not I was going to buy the lights. For 1 the guy in the shop wouldn't let me trail them and it was day time when I bought them so I didn't really have an idea on how bright they were, and 2 they looked rather flimsy. The guy assured me they were bright and if I broke them I could bring them back for a free fix. I thought what the hell and bought them. Good decision. They are very bright and I don't have any problems rushing down single trails in the dark. Buy these lights if you want power with out spending too much eg. $500 on digital vista's

[Oct 13, 2002]
Ville

OVERALL
Strength:

Very powerful lights, battery last long and good looking lights.

10W light is too narrow.

I went to the forest at night and switch on both lights on... light were all over trail everywhere I would imagine. Amazing lights!!! and what prise!!!

Cateye microhalogen 500II

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.