Giro Gila Older Helmets

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 04, 2009]
    Doc

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great fit and comfort.

I was swabbing out the interior and the RocLoc assembly broke on both sides rendering the helmet useless. I'm having trouble finding replacement parts for my 2000 model.

best helmet I've owned. Need to replace the RocLoc assembly or find a new favorite.

Bell

[Jun 04, 2003]
    Isaac Smith

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks good, cool, light, comfy, easy to get it to fit

straps twist a little and the velcro things come undone sometimes

only a few problems, still worth it.

[Feb 08, 2002]
    Desmond --

OVERALL
    Strength:

1. More vents
    2. Stiff enough
    3. light
    4. Good look
    5. Fit comfortably

BREAK when exert a big IMPACT. Of cuz then why it should call safety helmet, without it ur head will like him. Most are the same.

Buy this helmet at its price. Its not so costly compare to the E2 or Exodus. So what its a Top two model helmet, for juz paying in the design and more ventilation. I think that GILA is the best. Its had more than enough 23 ventilation to keep ur head cool. However Giro should sell cheaper somemore for those top end helmet

Giro

[Jul 01, 2002]
    Inga

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks, fit and PRICE

Straps want to twist

This is a great helmet particularly for the price. The helmet has plenty of vents to keep your head cool and the coolmax pads don't get too hot and are extremely comfortable. The helmet looks fantastic and it's only about 1 oz. heavier than Giro's best models, not much of a noticeable difference for most of us.

There may be better helmets out there but none come close without spending at least three or four times what I paid on Pricepoint.com. This helmet is a best buy for everyone.

Bell (had mine rung a few times before I started using a helmet)

[Sep 14, 2002]
    Chris Westall

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great look, excellent fit and sufficient ventilation. Removable pads make for easy cleaning after each ride

The fabric on the removable pads comes apart rather easy

I haven't gone down yet hard enough to wear my melon has taken a blow, but I feel more than confident that this helmet will do it's job when that moment comes (and it will). Everything else I mentioned above makes this a great buy.

first bike helmet

[Sep 17, 2002]
    Bill

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks good

weal glue on the roc-loc straps

The glue on the Roc-Lock straps is junk. My buddy is haviung the same problem.

If you ride alot and sweat a good amount the glue will unstick in no-time, mine lasted about 2 weeks.

After a number of unsuccessful attempts to re-glue the velcro pads my self, I am going to try to find a new lid.

bell image pro

[Sep 27, 2001]
    david hinters

OVERALL
    Strength:

fits head. is a helmet. has holes. has visor

Pads fell apart the first time I washed them. more expensive than Bell'S to replace

23 vents. WOW. Cannot tell the difeerence between this and my 19 vent Bell. It is ok. Relatively cheap. Good enough if you don't want to pay $150 for a peice of foam and plastic with more holes.

Bell--forget which one.

[Oct 04, 2002]
    Peter

OVERALL
    Strength:

A good looking, well ventilated helmet for relatively little cash.

The visor can get twisted out of shape and looks a little cheap. A bit more strap adjustability would help.

Two days ago this helmet saved my life. The side of my head hit the road too hard to keep brains in my skull and though the helmet has gone to the big MTB graveyard in the sky with a huge crack, I didn't follow.

As the car driver who mowed me down paid for a new helmet I upgraded to an Exedus, but if it was my own money, I would have bought the same.

[Nov 04, 2001]
    weekendwarrior

OVERALL
    Strength:

Giro quality

Visor fit, fiddly straps

Giro once again comes through with a stylish and functional helmet. The 23 vents do a good job of cooling. Their latest padding is slicker lycra-like instead of the older terry-cloth style.. and doesn't retain sweat as much IMHO. The strap is a pain to adjust but once set, stays put; although excessive length sometimes means you get strap-flap on fast DH's. The visor fitting means you don't want to remove it often. Overall a great value.

Other Giro products

[Aug 28, 2003]
    jim

OVERALL
    Strength:

molded plastic,light, comfortable, cheapprevents getting hurt

i could of got a larger one

just a super and afortable lid

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.