Giro Airblast Older Helmets

Giro Airblast Helmet

[Nov 14, 2001]
Jeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and cheap

Older tech tape between the shell and helmet. Visor pins are subject to breakage if crashed.

This was my old helmet when I first started using Giro products. The fit is good, only minor adjustments to the padding and straps to make it perfect. Not enough venting for mid-summer desert (a-la Moab), but fine elsewhere. Older style of taping between shell and styrofoam is not as durable as the newer bonded technology. A good started helmet without breaking the bank.

Giro Gila

[Jan 04, 2000]
shaun cimini

OVERALL
Strength:

giro is the best hemet i have used due to the fact that it is very breathable and light and can resist hard impacts at very high speeds

well mine starts to smell after long weekends, but hey whos dosent?

im a wild teen on the loose that loves to MTB!! im 16 and will be mountain biking for 11 yrs this season....GIRO is a totally kick @ss product....ive taken some hard spills into trees,rocks and smacking into fellow riders while fighting for the best line and nothing has hurt my head due to the fact of GIRO HELMETS........one word that sums up GIRO products would be: AWESOME

i havent tried anything even close to Giro products....keep up the awesome work!

[Apr 04, 2001]
FAT

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice design when i bought this helmet (1994). And i still wearing it. Have safe my head from several crashes in my mountain biking life.

none.... after 5 years it still inshape

this is a good helmet...

[Oct 15, 2000]
matt grothoff

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, decent ventilation, pretty frickin light, no visor!!

the exterior shell was just taped onto the styrofoam, but it stayed on i guess.. wish it had a specific brow sweat pad.

great helmet. lasted me 5 years, and i feel fortunate to not have crashed badly enough to have to replace the thing. the thing was great, and the roc loc was pure gold. a must on any helmet. too bad they don't make the helmet anymore. i loved this helmet.

Giro Ricochet, Hammerhead

[Oct 19, 1999]
Reinout Holland
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit and comfort

not really.....

I crashed head first in a tree at 40 km/h I'm still alive (though bad back and bad ribs) and that sums it for the function of this baby. My first major crash in 4 years, the helmet broke into four pcs, but it did what it was intended to do. So though I paid big dough for a new helmet Giro Hammerhead) I can tell you it is worth the trouble.

[May 07, 1998]
Andy L

OVERALL

One of these helmets saved my life a year ago today and I continue to wear a giro airblast. Despite headbutting a road at 30 mph I got up and walked into casualty, only to leave 4 hours later with a dislocated shoulder and a few broken teeth. What can I say, lightweight, cool colours, great fit, durability well yeah, I could say that but, what matters is - they do their job when you need them most. Thanks giro for a great product

[Jan 06, 1998]
Ken
cross-country rider

OVERALL

This helmet saved my life...literally. I planted my face/head into the base of an oak tree(while mtn. biking) and split the helmet down the middle. However, the hat stayed together!!(Due to the internal structure) A concussion/cracked rib and two days in the hospital later..I will wear nothing but Giro. I recommend Giro helmets to anyone who rides bikes.

[May 26, 1997]
Noel Buckley

OVERALL

Giro helmets, with there awsome sizing and replacement policies are great. Mine has saved my head many times; the warranty is excellent. great fit, but unfortunately, for a sometimes great price.

[Feb 16, 1997]
Dan Glass

OVERALL

I bought this helmet last year as a replacement for my 15 year old Bell brain bucket. You know, the white one with the orange stripes. Since then neck fatigue is eliminated. Helmet is light, comfortable and affordable. Also, if you scratch out the i and the r your helmet will say Go which is what I try to do.

[Oct 21, 1996]
Michael Sirrine

OVERALL

I've been using the AirBlast for about 4 months. I got it for a great price $39.95 from Performance. For $14.99, I added a Giro visor and now it is great. It is very comfortable, lightweight, and the air flow is adequate. I would recommend this helmet to anyone looking for a very good helmet at a moderate price.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.