Stratos Superstar 8.0 00 Front Shock

• Open Oil Damped
  • Compression Damping: Internally Adjustable, Speed and Position Sensitive
  • Rebound Damping Externally Adjustable
  • Preload Adjustments: Internal Spacers
  • Axle Type: 20 mm Through Axle - Non Threaded.
  • Lubrication Method: Open Oil Bath
  • Brake Type: Disc Only - European Standard
  • Travel: 203mm positive, 19mm negative
  • Special Features: 3" tire Carcass Compatible, 180 Degree Lock to Lock Steering.

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 03, 2011]
    biker

OVERALL
    Strength:

Everything

What?

the best dh-fork i have ever ridden

S8 Ultra, white bro dh3, monster T

[Mar 08, 2002]
    Quintin Roggenkamp

OVERALL
    Strength:

This fork is very plush, but as with many inverted forks, there is a tendency for leaks. "No problem" said Stratos when I called, "we will send you some new seal nuts for $30." After about a month, I began to wonder what was up and why I had not seen my new seals. So, I called again, this time, I got hold of a guy named Rubin. Nice guy and all, but... So anyway Rubin tells me that they will be at least $35-40, and that the guy I talked to the first time had quit that day. So he says that they are in the mail, $35. Cool, a week later, they arrive, C.O.D., for $71. Needless to say, I sent them back. I immediately called him and asked what was going on. He said that it was no problem and he would send them to me again. One week later, I had just left work (where I was having them sent), when I returned, one of my friends told me that they were more expensive than I had thought. My boss quickly told that I owed him $65. If I had been there, I would have sent them back. I called Rubin again, "oh, I am sorry, can you fax that invoice here?" I did so, and he called back saying that as soon as I got that cleared check, that I should fax that to him and he would get me the $30 refund. So, I called when the check cleared and explained the whole situation to Rubin, who obviously smokes to much mari to remember people from day to day. He tells me that he does not know why he said that to me, but that he did not think that he could refund the money. I reminded him that this is what he said he would do, he said he would talk to his boss and call me back immediately. That was three f#&king weeks ago.

Customer service

If you have problems, especially warranty, you are screwed. Buy the Monster T.

Monster T

[Feb 22, 2002]
    BARRIS

OVERALL
    Strength:

Strong fork, good work :-)
    Very stiff and strong, very plush

Heavy weight. But it is not weakness in DH.

Best fork I ever used. People in Stratos are nice. Good price, thanks to russian dealers.

Marzocchi bomber Z1

[Jan 30, 2002]
    dimitri

OVERALL
    Strength:

everything I hade a 99 X-vert carbon and this fork blows it out of the water

nobody makes fork guards, but I made my own and they work great and only way 12oz for both

this forks are the best I have tried, better they the shiver,foes F1 wet one,white brothers,any hannbrink or zzyzx,and the X-vert carbon

shiver

[Sep 15, 2001]
    carmen

OVERALL
    Strength:

plush, fairly stiff, eats up anything in its way

slightly flexy, but stiffer than a shiver. not being able to adjust the compression externally

this fork is amazingly plush and smooth. I went down to the local motorbike store and bought some dirt bike fork gaurds and they protect the stanchions. I've never owned a stratos, and I always thought marzocchi's were better, but they aren't, stratos' are better.

shiver (friends)

[Sep 11, 2000]
    JUGGERNAUT205

OVERALL
    Strength:

180 DEGREE TURNING RADIUS,TRUE EXTERNAL REBOUND & COMPRESSION!!!.SLAP ON A 24"RIM W/3" TIRE OR A 26"/3" OR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN AND GO!!!.THIS FORK EATS SMALL CARS FOR LUNCH!!!.THE PEOPLE AT STRATOS ARE FRIENDLY AND KNOW THEIR STUFF...

...HAD DEFECTIVE SEAL ISSUES.SWAPPED THEM OUT TWICE....AND STILL HAD LEAKAGE ON NON-DISK SIDE,THEN IT HAPPENED ON THE DISK SIDE ALSO.CALLED STRATOS AND THE REP. TOLD ME IT WAS A BAD SET OF SEALS THAT THEY GOT....THEY CHANGED SUPPLIERS,SO I SENT THE FORK LEGS OUT TO HAVE THE SEALS SWAPPED OUT.EVEN WITH THE SEALS LEAKING IT STILL TOOK EVERY HIT,BIG OR SMALL!!!.ANY OTHER FORK,I WOULDA PANICKED,BUT NOT W/THIS ONE!!!!.CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT BACK ON THIS WEEK!!!!

....THIS FORK IS A BEAST AND KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!!!!.NO NEED TO BE AFRAID OF ANY TRAIL IF YOU HAVE THIS FORK ON YOUR BIKE.. THIS IS A PRO-QUALITY FORK,SOLD AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICE!!!.IF YOU HAVE THE LOOT TO SPEND,GET IT!!!.I'M 6FT/6" TALL AND 205LBS, AND I'VE ONLY BOTTOMED ONCE,AND THAT WAS A 9FT.DROP-OFF,AND THE FORK TOOK THAT AND WAS READY FOR MORE!!!!!!.

ZZYZX DH(6"),HANEBRINK LT (9"),THEY BOTH SUCKED!!MARZ MONSTER T,MR.DIRT(8"),R/S BOXXER(8")

[May 31, 2001]
    Jefferson Ramalho

OVERALL
    Strength:

Low price,extremely plush and lots of travel

A bit heavy and when you crash needs a litlle adjust in crown bolts

S8 is like a big foot truck,nothing is indestructible if you ride this monster fork. You feel strong and splits sparks on rocky courses.

No similar. It's the best fork I ever used

[Apr 28, 2001]
    BARRIS

OVERALL
    Strength:

The BEST! Very plush, very long travel, good adjustment, easy maintainance. Looks as HiEnd made by hands.

Big weight - is it weakness for downhill?
    None!

I never used any long travel forks before, but 100mm Marzocchi.
    SuperStar 8 is THE BEST! Smooth, plush travel, no luft, no strokes or sounds. And looks well!

Similar - no, I did'nt use!
    Marzocchi Z1 BAM'98. 100mm travel against 204mm on SuperStar8?

[Apr 23, 2001]
    Sean Gildea

OVERALL
    Strength:

silkly smooth travel, and alot of it!

I'm a east coast boy, our cal. bros tend to prefer a looser set-up! This fork needs the heavy springs(red) anything less (even full of oil) and you bottom it out on small stuff 3-4 feet drops!) I glad to report w/ heavy springs and full of oil IT ROCKS. (11& and all was fine !!!!!!!)

Did I say IT ROCKS!!!

I weight in @ 200&

Mr. T

[Apr 17, 2001]
    G

OVERALL
    Strength:

What else could you ask for in a fork in this travel range?

None i can tell.

What is the guy below, retarded? Too heavy huh...an XC rider reviewing a serious DH fork? Similar products tried - an Indy C fork?? Listen guy, f*ck off back to your Huffy and quit spoiling a perfectly good DH forks reputation. People use this site to check out serious reviews, not that kind of crap. Hope to see you on the trail, so I can ride over both you and your P.O.S. bike - shouldn't be a problem with my S8, you speedbump.

A whole, whole lot.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.