Interloc TL5 Front Shock

Interloc TL5

[Sep 07, 2001]
Ben

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome Fork. No Flex, Great Ride, Tunability, Customer Support, Rolls over objects

Not made anymore

Awesome fork, great support from IRD. I don't know why anyone can b**** about the small companies, I've received nothing but awesome products and great support

Indy SL, SID Race, Manitou, etc.

[Oct 20, 1997]
Pete

OVERALL

Let us all bury the cult of the telescopic fork by repeating after me..Interloc! Interloc! Interloc! Stop the madness, if you ride and ride hard, I mean technical, rocks that'll swallow your bike, monster logs, power climbs on hills that have so many rocks it looks like acne, downhills on loose shale and rock with wet roots thrown in your butt hanging on the rear tire, and your motto is 'Speed kills', for the love of mercy buy this fork! I haven't endoed in a month, I'm so confident with fork, I've cleaned dropoffs at speed my RST with 4.5 can't do! She climbs like a maniac, I'm not forced to keep the front on the ground cause it's not coming back at me, It's stiff, it's supple without the'dive' plush forks are known for, it never never never never dives...not on drops, not on logs, not under braking, it's like a ginsu knife...hell buy two! Seriously, this fork is fun, and of all the forks I've ridden, this is the only one which does everything I've always wanted a fork to do. Nough said. Five stars.

[Aug 02, 2000]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Soaks up trail buzz, and large hits

I can't get parts anywhere in Europe

I have five thousand miles on my Interloc forks and I still love them. They steer great, they ride even better. 5000 miles with virtually no servicing, I don't think many forks will beat that! The only thing that needs replacing at this stage is the elastomers, unfortunately I can't get replacements in Europe. So if anyone has any ideas where I can get them let me know.

If you want a cross country fork that works really well over virtually all surfaces, and doesn't require servicing, look no further than the Interloc fork.

Judy's and Manitou's

[Jul 02, 1999]
BFDeal

OVERALL
Strength:

It actually works.

It could be lighter and cheaper, but that's true of almost every well-performing bicycle component.

I've been waiting to write this until I had a chance to test this fork on a particular trail. I did so today. There is a spot on this trail that always results in a near endo or worse, at least with my last fork. Today, even though I hadn't ridden the trail in many months, I twice rode this spot masterfully. Anyone watching would have thought that I knew what I was doing. So, as reported somewhere below, this fork does go a long way towards preventing endos. It also responds very well to square-edged objects, like roots and rocks that a telescoping fork would ignore, forcing you to lift the front over them to some extent. Objects that might stop you dead at low speed with another fork, you can just plow into with this one. It also does reduce brake-drive. I should mention that I got my fork with Englund air cartridges, an upgrade. Even so, it costs much less than shown above. The weight is also much less.

Rockshox, Manitou, AMP

[Sep 09, 1998]
Andy

OVERALL

When John told me he was designing a fork, I was curious. When he showed up riding the prototype, I was intrigued. When I saw the production version, I was lustful. Now that I own one, I am seduced. There is a noticable increase in stiffness over the Judy that I had been using. The fork truly refuses to dive when I hit the brakes. I am already faster and brake later on downhills (this after riding the fork thrice). The weight of the fork is a mere 3 ounces more than the Judy (I weighed them both), but the TL5 had headset race installed (the Judy did not). The TL5 is plenty supple over the little stuff and takes big hits REALLY smoothly. When you unweight the fork, there is a noticable thump when it tops out, but I can get used to that. However, I have heard that the pivots get loose and sloppy over time, I'll be on the look out. Overall, my initial assessment of the fork is that it is one of the best available. In my mind, it is even better than a Bomber (yes, I've owned one) - so far. The multiple pivots mean that there are multiple opportunities for disappointment. Time will tell. For now, I'll give 5. We'll see if they're deserved.

[Dec 13, 1997]
Unbeliever

OVERALL

I don't beleive that a fork can make your ride better
What i believe is that i can help racer fasterFor those who want to know
INTERLOC TL5 was made by the same guy who INVENTED
the Sweet Spot URT designI like it cause it's different
and i like it cause it's lighter than other anti-dive forks
and i like it cause it still looks like a fork

[Dec 10, 1997]
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven
racer

OVERALL

My name is Jeremy VanSchoonhoven, I am 15 years old. I have raced as a Junior Expert since I was 12 years old. This last yearI won the 18 and under Junior Expert Oregon State NORBA Championship. Even though I am young, I have done a lot of racing in the last few years. In the last two years I have never found any Product that has helped my racing as much as the TL5 shock made by Interloc Racing of Selma, Oregon. I have had Judy shocks and an Indy shock the last two years. The Indy was a very light SL model. I am a very light rider and hill climbing is my specialty. When I first heard about the TL5 I was concerned because it was 3/4 of a pound heavier then my Indy SL. When you are doing well with one thing sometimes it is hard to try something radically different and new. I was equating good hill climbing with lightness.I can only say I am glad I was willing to break with tradition and try something different. Of course the TL5 ate the down hill alive. It has a non-diving system, that is nothing short of unbelievable. It is ideal for water bars, rough corners, and washboards. When you hit your brakes your front end doesn't dive, ( which not only tends to send you over the bars, but it also eats up some of your travel) instead your front wheel actually moves up and back a little and you roll right over things that otherwise would cause you to endo.The biggest surprise was the change it made in my climbing. The front wheel stays on the ground a lot better with the TL5, so I have more control and can climb faster. I also think becasue the shock is so stiff I don't waste and energy on side to side flex.The last surprise was how much it improved my riding on rough level surfaces. The shock is so efficient that I can stand up and hammer over the rough sections and still have more control. I actually shift my weight further over the front of the bike and just hammer away. I was very happy as a smaller rider to find myself catching the bigger riders on the rough flats.It's kind of funny to see this shock work. You can be riding along thinking this course isn't very rough, then you look down and see your shock working overtime. And the cool thing is you didn't even notice the course was rough.Going from the Judy shock to the TL5 reminds me of when I first went from no shock to a Judy. And I thought I had reached mountain bike heaven when I got my first Judy. I guess, we do learn from experience. It's time for a whole new generation of shocks and it's the TL5. Thanks so much for letting me sound off about this shock. And a special thanks to Interloc Racing for making my riding even more fun!!! And that is the reason I race. Thankfully,
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

[Oct 31, 1997]
Steve

OVERALL

Better than a Judy, Stiffer than a Manitou Ti, but not as stiff or compliant as a Girvin Elite. Compare it to the latest Girvins (K2's) and it's no contest, the Girvin wins hands down. The Interloc was a bit skitchy in tight singletrack and seemed to turn in, oversteer. Quite a bit disconcerting to say the least.

[Oct 08, 1997]
Chris

This fork rules! I have tried them all. Judy, Bomber, Manitou,
nothing even comes close. This fork never dives. You can ride down
anything. The best proforming cross country fork ever.There was a mistake with the fork when it was shipped. Interloc
promptly took care of the problem and I was on my way.I highly recomend this fork to anyone that rides cross country.
Great proformance, great company, and the fork looks cool!
What more could you ask for. Buy one now!

[Jan 26, 2000]
brandon

OVERALL
Strength:

Anti-dive, very little upkeep, simple

weight

This is a great idea and a great fork if you lighten it with the Englunds, however, either I had a "bad" experience with customer support or they just plain suck at it. Whatever the problem I would never buy a product with questionable or non-existant customer help...phooey on them.

too many, plus the early interloc telescoping forks

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.