Velocity Brake Booster Brake Booster

Velocity Brake Booster

[May 15, 2003]
OZ-TRAIL-YAAAAAA!

OVERALL
Strength:

It stops my seat stays from flexing under breaks.
It adds heaps of power to my breaks.
It looks kinda cool.

Zero, Zip, Zilch.

If you're running Vees and you want more power, shell out for some 'o' these and enjoy.

I Dunno.. I played a game of horseshoes once? Does this count?

[Apr 18, 1998]
zac
weekend warrior

OVERALL

I got the brake booster yesterday and I would like to say I love this thing it made my rear stays on my joshuaX1 So much stiffer. This product rules. It was a bit expensive compared to other. What it lackes in cheapness it gains in being the best product.

[Oct 06, 1996]
Woody
cross-country rider

OVERALL

Velocity brake boosters are the only type of booster it is worth spending money on if
you want some extra grunt from your cantilever brakes, even though it is nearly the most expensive one
you can get. I've been using one on the front and rear of my giant for two years and
would never have a bike without them. One other good thing is that they actually start to feel
like hydraulics, find that hard to believe hey? Well it's true.

[Jun 14, 1996]
Nick
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I have been using a Velocity Brake booster on my rear brake and it has changed the feel of the brake making it feel much stiffer. This addition increased rear braking power on my bike considerably.

[May 22, 2002]
roger ramjet

OVERALL
Strength:

cross drilling makes it look cool. makes rear much stronger on my KHS softtail...excellent value. I reckon LX v-brakes with booster are smae price as XT ybrakes alone, but much stronger

not as pretty as other boosters

i'd like to compare my brakes with Cables. V-brakes and booster are very strong. if you have v-brakes you simply must buy a booster (at least for the rear!)

Amazing perforamnce imporvment for only a few peasos

nil

[Nov 29, 1997]
Robert
weekend warrior

OVERALL

I run Velocity brake boosters front and rear on my 96 GT LTS3, which came stock with Alivio cantis. With the addition of Kool Stop pads the braking has improved dramatically, although they do begin to fade (like all brakes) on super steep downhills. All in all, I like em!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.