Interloc racing designs U2 brake booster Brake Booster

interloc racing designs U2 brake booster

[Dec 05, 1999]
tim

OVERALL
Strength:

quite stiff
good tire clearance
reasonable price

not as stiff as shiamno carbon
not enough colors available

good part- almost as stiff as shimano carbon, but cheaper by about thirty bucks.

shimano carbon
dkg strongarm

[Jun 30, 2005]
Bob

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight
Cheap!
Decent finish, doesn't need shims to clear my Tektro linear pulls
Improved braking power, especially in rear

Feels stiff in hands, not on bike. Brake bosses can still flex a bit

For the price I paid, I think these were worth it. The old steel frame on my Trek either is, or has gotten very bendy, especially around the brake bosses. Even the marginal clamping power of my cheapie Tektro brakes are enough to flex the whole fork and bosses so bad that I couldn't even endo over the bars if I gave it everything I had. Now with the boosters on, the brake performance is improved dramatically, especially in the rear. The frame was flexing so bad under braking pressure that the rear triangle would actually bow outwards and the brake pads would just slide down the rim instead of gripping it, I could only lock up the rear if I really squeezed the hell out of the lever. Now the back works very well, I can easily lock it even when rolling backwards. Do not expect these boosters to help your boss flex much if you have very powerful brakes, they are not super-stiff. Do expect these to dramatically increase your braking power if your frame is made of jello like mine. 5 flaming turds for value, 3 overall because a booster could really work better.

same brakes on an aluminum GT frame without boosters

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.