Roadmaster peak sis Bike 1998 or Older

[Mar 22, 2010]
biker dan10
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

I like the red frame

The seat and all the other components

Not much of a mountain bike but it makes one hell of a ski bike. the thing hauls ass, just point and shoot. definatly need to upgrade the saddle.

taboggen

[Oct 03, 2009]
fpayan

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap

Great bike for the buck, easy and cheap to repair. Try expensive bikes that do break anyway, you'll see the difference.

[Jan 06, 2009]
superbox

OVERALL
Strength:

It was free (abandoned by previous tenant in a condo complex)

The frame with no components or wheels on it weighs as much as two modern bikes combined, with wheels: BOAT ANCHOR! So I decided to strip the parts off and put them on a better frame I had lying around. Long story short, the v-brake bolts are so cheezy and soft, I stripped the bolt head off with just a millimeter of bolt sticking out. It was such a pain to get the bolt out, I've given up and have thrown the frame away, along with this Roadmaster POS!

Not only did this bike suck, but it ruined another one of my bikes by association! Massive fail! Resin brake levers, not steel! Awful!

For the price, it could be a funky looking boat anchor.

Lots of cheap bikes, mostly Specialized steel rides which never let me down

[Dec 06, 2008]
thedude

OVERALL
Strength:

cheaper than a good UST tire

everything on this bike is crap

i flew up to chapel hill recently and not being able to get a used bike for less than 300 bucks to commute on, i bought one of these turds from my local wal-mart. it moves forward. that's about it. shifting sucks and there's nothing you can do to fix that. braking is downright terrifying and there's not much to do to fix that aside from buying a set of brakes that cost more than the bike (and that's just the front). the stem and wheel weren't aligned, when i readjusted the quill stem, it went back out of alignment after the first bump. the wheels are evil, twisted things that make weird angles with the seatstays and that noodle up front that is posing as a fork (how can a fork so heavy be so wobbly?). the saddle was so painful i found a decent used BG specialized saddle so i wouldn't have to ride it standing up. i took the bike off of a curb and the right pedal snapped clean off. i never locked it up. someone eventually stole the saddle. this monstrosity of a 'bike' weighs more than my longhaul trucker and cove singlespeed PUT TOGETHER. i tried to abandon it, but then a campus cop saw me and said i'd get charged for littering if i didn't take it away.

some kind of huffy i had when i was 10

[Feb 05, 2007]
ryan Nock
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

it soaks up the farts when i c$ap on it.

what in the world do you expect for $50 stupid people

I can't believe people actually buy bikes from walmart they are even safe to freakin ride

dahhhhh

[Jun 17, 2007]
M S

OVERALL
Strength:

It's cheap, real cheap. Strong Frame. Good for commuting on a college campus, but that's about it.

It's cheap. The seat is unbearable, the brakes don't really stop, the derailers and gears are horrible, the wheels wont true at all. Must I go on.

This bike is super inexpensive. I bought it to see if riding was something I wanted to do again. I ride it about every day. I changed the seat because I just couldn't stand it. The stock seat couldn't be worse if it were made of rusty razor blades.

I have fooled with the derailers for over a year and they still suck. The brakes will slow you down some. If you need a panic stop you will know true panic. The wheels are so cheap that I often wonder how they have the nerve to sell them. I have played with them and am sure that they are as straight as possible, but that aint very straight.

With all of this said I am not afraid to jump curbs and generally ride this bike hard. It takes a pretty good beating and is no worse junk for it. The frame is as heavy as an anvil, but it is strong. When I have broken something on it, anything, I'm gonna trash it and get a better bicycle.

I wouldn't buy this bike again and I cant figure why I cant get someone to steal it. I left it out in front of the night shelter with five bucks on the seat and someone only took the five bucks. Yes, I ride it a bunch. But, every time I think it sucks. The most frustrating thing is that it doesn't settle into any gear except high without lots of chatter. So, I ride in high gear 80% of the time.

I have a nice road bike so, I know that I could replace most of the stuff on the frame and have a decent bike, but for the total cost of that I could get a bike shop bicycle. So, I will continue to ride the Roadisaster till it breaks good and then I'm gonna get a good bike.

None, I have no idea what a nice bike would feel like.

[Mar 06, 2004]
Peter

OVERALL
Strength:

Well it's damn cheap

Pretty much everything except the frame, which is somewhat solid and stiff.

I bought it for commuting around campus when it rains, but it only lasted for abut 3 months before someone stole (why, still don't know why anone would steal a bike like this). The bike was OK for commuting over smooth surface but make sure you get a different set of brake because that POS cantilevel brake it has on it can't stop crap. Oh yeah, shifting..haha, good for about 4 days before the cable starts to stretch and rust...

Nothing similar to this POS

[Sep 17, 2002]
Justin Kanfield

OVERALL
Strength:

Very educational. I learned how to fix most everything.But it looks cool, at least.

Oh Roadmaster, how dost thee suck? Let me count the ways...
Seat's bent, over $100 worth of new wheels(hitting curbs at 25 mph shouldn't hurt that badly, should it? I mean the bike, not my groin), tubes, and tires(mostly because of the wheels), new brakes(Wish I'd saved the package so I could write a review on my new cheap POS's), sport bottle holder snapped off first thing, the grips slide off constantly, doesn't go into high gear at all anymore(I think i'll kick it. Maybe that'll work.) The nut that keeps the thingy that holds the pedals and the front gears(bike lingo is not my thing) together had to be GLUED on after 3 months because it was completely stripped, two brake pads won't come off the wheel, and that's one for each wheel. And that's just what's wrong with it NOW.

I've already dumped more into repairing this thing than I bought it for. And I do all my own labor, mostly because I never remember to pick up my bike. I hope I save up enough for a new bike soon. Think I'll go with a Trek like someone else mentioned. I give it 3 hot trotters for value because it's a decent bike to ride when your good one's in the shop. But as it is I'm too poor to afford another bike. Pity me. Or give me money. Preferably both.

Thanks to the other reviewer of this thing for making me realize how much this thing sucks. I thought it was just me banging the crap out of it every day on curbs and ditches and junk.

Huffy stuff. Lasted me a helluvalot longer than this thing.

[May 03, 2000]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

Uuuuu....

Most everything

This bike will fall apart on you pretty fast if you ride on pretty rough terrain. When I had it the wheel was so warped it could barly do a full spin without the brakes rubbing against it. I could only get into 12 of the 18 gears cause my derailer was so jacked up. The brakes were of vary poor quality. The chain would always make an annoying noise. If your going to get a mountain bike, don't go with any of the wal-mart bikes, go to a real mountain biking shop where they sell Trek's, Schwinn's, etc. and spend your money there. I now have a Trek 6500 and it is 100 times better then the Roadmaster.

Trek 6500

[Nov 02, 2004]
J

OVERALL
Strength:

It's CHEAP!

Brakes, wheels, shifters, ...everything.

It's only good for riding to and from school and stuff. I would NOT buy this pice of c**p again. Want a mountain bike? Save your money to get a real one. The only reason it gets 2 flamin' chilis is 'cause it's so cheap.
Not a good bike.

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.