Proflex 756 Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Proflex 756

[Sep 26, 2012]
Ian

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent multi-use bike! I bought it new in 95 in CO Springs while in college. It was used for a month or two and has been in the garage ever since due to a very demanding career. I agree with the 11 previous reviews on this vintage breakthrough full suspension bike.

Hard to find!

If anyone wants this bike, e-mail me at itoogood@msn.com. I may be willing to let my near-mint bike go for the right price. All original parts, except tires!

[Jun 29, 2012]
Bryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Love this bike! I got it for $85. Very strong bike.

i believe the hanger is messed up and wont shift correctly. I am going to replace soon.

Love this bike! I got such an amazing deal on it. It needed some new parts but it was ridable. Now I am putting money into it to bring it back to full life so I can rip up some trails! Can't wait!

[May 06, 2011]
PAphil

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Bike

No weakness

I have a 1998 Proflex 756. I have the frame with all original parts. Original grivin forks. Elastomers are gone but all parts of the shocks are perfect. I am thinking about restoring the bike, but in medical school so money is super tight. Guys that have a good knowledge of the worth of the bike please let me know its value. I am interested in selling it for the right price. It has been in storage for almost 8 years. Just looking for some help from people that appreciate the uniqueness of the proflex bike and its value. thanks

[Oct 30, 2010]
Rob

OVERALL
Strength:

I love this bike. I had cannondales before, but this bike rocks!

I just wanedt to say I found a site that sells replacement elastomers for $45.00 at http://www.suspensionforkparts.net/eshop/index.php. I need to order a set myself for the front and rear shocks and I think this vendors replacement parts should do the trick. Hope this helps!

The bottom line is that I have enjoyed riding this bike. My 16 old has just started to ride it and can make it do things that I only dreamed of. Once, I replace the melted elastomers, it will be like having a brand new bike again.

[Oct 01, 2010]
nneptune22

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a great bike. Both elastomers are in great shape. It climbs with ease and rocky down hills are a breeze. It is very light and responsive.

The gear shifts suck. That's about it.

I know Pro Flex is out of business, but I would and will buy all I can find. What a bike! The down side is the elastomers seem to be hard to find and converting to gas shock can be expensive. There are a few sites that offer the elastomers for around 50.00 US. If anyone has a Pro Flex and would like to sell shoot me an e-mail at nneptune22@yahoo.com.

[May 10, 2010]
Don johnson

OVERALL
Strength:

fork

not shure about parts

Bought the bike used,I change the seat,seat post and stem,tune it up.I live where it is very rocky and most of the time 2" to 3" of true suspention travel is all that is need.

Marin Vision pro,GF 29er

[Jul 23, 2009]
TGS

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability!! This from is bullet proof.

Immediately upgraded to xt shifters,derailers and brakes. Added clipless pedals and lighter rubber and was off the races at about 25lbs. (back in 94-95 this was great)

I still ride this bike a lot. It is getting near impossible to replace the elastomer's. The girvin fork still works great as does the rear suspension, Although I have it screwed it down pretty hard and am only getting about 1-3 inches out of it.

Cannondale cad3.. broke the frame.

[Jul 14, 2009]
robert meurant

OVERALL
Strength:

Loved the bike from the start, lighter than most full suspension bikes it was a favourite here, all models up to animal and beast

elastomers either harden or melt.New elastomers are available from Rapid Descent Scotland.... www.rapiddescentscotland

I will continue to use mine as long as i can.(I'm 60 now!)

none....still using mine

[Mar 12, 2009]
greenforest56

OVERALL
Strength:

good suspension, reliable

weight, a bit heavy, and grip shifts, never shifted very well.

I bought this bike new. Full suspension was still working out the kinks. I tried about a dozen bikes and this was the best. The fork is still an excellent fork, no deflexion at all. I noticed the new bike I am thinking of getting, Cannondale Rize, uses the same rear suspension. Proflex was the first company, IMO, to get full suspension right. I even like the bumpers. No mainenance, utterly reliable, last for years. You can still buy them from K2 which bought Proflex.

Altogether, this is an excellent cross country bike for the recreational rider. If you can buy this bike used and it is in good shape, get it.

rockhopper

[May 28, 2007]
DEE T

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice looking bike,pretty decent ride in the streets,trails ok,didn't have it long enough to really review it fairly!

Rear suspension.

I liked this bike alot,seemed great for the the time i had it,my friend bought it & it's still going.I don't really see to many anymore,If i could find one for a decent price I would proablly pick it up for a second bike again!

Gary fisher,Mountain cycle