Litespeed '98 Ocoee Bike 1998 or Older

Litespeed '98 Ocoee

[Nov 04, 2009]
martin13

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable,Rigid,10.2 kilograms,responsive and sweet to ride
the swing arm bearing is the original and no side movement after all these years, well done litespeed!!

None now with the new tecnologies applied

I first reviewed my Litespeed back in 2000, here I am in 2009 still riding the "same Litespeed frame" after over 100000 kilometres (60000 miles) and heading for 12 years of ownership. I feel privileged to still enjoy this magnifcent piece of handmade machinery.

GT RTS2,

[Mar 18, 2002]
Ramon Gibbs

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, great on the downhill. Great climber in and out of the saddle. Very responsive. I can't imagine owning another bike.

None, other then having to get new stickers every year.

This bike kicks big booty!!!

[Sep 18, 2000]
Trevor Eberhard

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Lite, xtremely strong, ultra responsive. This frame begs to be ridden to the extreme, and rewards your courage beyond your expectations.

The bike cost me more than my car.

This is the most responsive bike I have ever been on. The Ocoee is a bike that begs to be pushed to the limit. The most agile bike I have been on, she flows around tight switch-backs. The precision flex of the titanium hard tail is merciful over rocks and ruts. She is lite and hops effortlessly over tree roots and other obstacles in your path. This is a serious frame that needs to be pushed, but she will respond with grace and fire if you give her the chance.

If you have the cash, you can't find a more responsive hard-tail on the market.

I have ridden Diamonbacks, Gary Fichers, and Specialized; all hard-tails.

[Jan 12, 2000]
TOM

OVERALL
Strength:

THIS BIKE IS LIGHT,SUPPLE AND STABLE AT SPEED.
IT FEELS LIGHTER THAN ITS NUMBERS SUGGEST.AFTER LONG THREE HOUR PLUS RIDES MY SHOULDERS AND BACK WERE NOT SORE AS THEY WHERE ON MY OLD SPECIALIZED M2.THE BIKE IS A TOTAL BLAST TO EASE UP TECHNICAL ROCK/ROOT INFESTED SINGLETRACK CLIMBS.
GET ONE OF THESE FRAMES AND GO INSANE BUILDING IT RIGHT AND I GUARANTEE YOU WILL HAVE A 22LBS DREAM BIKE. GO AHEAD MAKE YOUR DAY!

SOME TITANIUM CREAKING HERE AND THERE.

EXCELLENT RACE BIKE IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.ABOUT AS LIGHT AS THEY COME.EASY ON YOUR BONES.THIS FRAME WILL OUTLAST ALL THE COMPONENTS YOU THROW ON IT,IT'S OWNER AND THEN SOME...

[Jan 15, 2001]
Alex

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely light (3.25 lbs), very strong, very responsive, rigid, sucks up the small bumps though.

Design of chainstay can worsten chainsuck.

This bike is awesome, it is ultraresponsive and climbs like a jet. It is ultra-light, and accelerates on a dime. It takes everything you throw at it, and performs like no other bike I've ever ridden. The welds are incredibly strong, as Litespeed makes sure every weld is absolutely perfect. Although it is a little pricy, it is worth every penny I spent on it.

98 GT Lightning, Klein Mantra, Schwinn Moab

[Dec 31, 2000]
gene counts

OVERALL
Strength:

light, strong,leaves one with a feeling of safety, knowing it is the best

absolutely none

For a 60 year old who likes single track and jumping logs and rocks this bike is a dream. I had a number of people snickering because I paid more for the bike than the car but I retired this year and the bike is my life. I live on it almost every day. This is the first year I have ridden in the snow and it has opened up a whole new world for me. I owe it all to the OCOEE!

first bike

[May 13, 2000]
Martin Stone

OVERALL
Strength:

strong light fast and precious. the distances i am able to go {ie >270 kilometres/day)is perfect for me when touring and at 50 years old enables me to easily continue my cycling

the fact that the fox rear shock wore out in 12months(15,ooo kilometres) plus the bottom swingage linkage to shock ovalized at the same time was a bit disappointing. also the
lightspeed bottom bracket died after only 9 months.

my pride and joy(*i love my ocoee fs}. this frame is the best
i have ever owned it may be very expensive but it should last me for the rest of my life (once the link weakness is overcome) i have now travelled over 30000 kilometres and taken the bike to europe, england and australia. i have commuted toured and raced with my ocoee it has had some crashes but never bent or buckled.

[May 18, 2001]
Capt'n

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbs like a mountain goat! Nice work of tappered tubing and precision welding. Lucked out on the price!!!

There are none! Other than the fact Litespeed quit producing it! I think it's now the Pisquah...?

23.5 lbs. of heaven! Extremely responsive and aggressive.
I've been riding Britney (that's what I like to call her) for so many seasons we become one when we hit the trail.
Anything else would just be bad pizza!

Only demoed/borrowed others! This is my second and probably last bike (frame) I'll ever purchase!

[Apr 03, 1999]
Wade Patton
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

light, nimble, quick.

everybody can't have one.

Did I say light already? I dropped at least 5 pounds (hey only $500/lb difference) from my out of date Cannondale. Gee, those go out of date fast. I always did good in technical sections before, but now the bike is more of an extension of self. You can see what the front is doing, you don't have to work the rest of the bike, just think, it'll be there. This bike makes the trail work for you. It just opens up options that were not there before. I love it. I may even try FS. Five dead flaming mice!

[Nov 30, 2002]
John Miller

OVERALL
Strength:

The bike was great, took big hits, lite, deffinition of the perfect ride. Replaced with a Seven after it was stolen, believe it or not, the Seven is terrible quality, I miss my Ocoee

Rear Hanger got bent, came right back. use a brakeaway bolt!!
When you have one, you cann't go frame shopping anymore.

If you find one out there, buy it and lock it up before some creep steals yours.

Seven Terres {expensive and poor quality}