KHS Summit Bike 1998 or Older

KHS Summit

[Jan 26, 2019]
pjfuller

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice bike. yup

None at all

1996
[Mar 15, 2009]
Loopner

OVERALL
Strength:

I'm not kidding. I found this bike in a dumpster!! I was unaware of the KHS brand. I'm a GT rider. WOW this has been an amazing find. I sensed a pretty good feel with my ride home with my find. I will contact the local Police Department to report my find and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks MTBR.com

Stay tuned for a review on my find---err ride!!

[Aug 17, 2007]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Cro-Mo frame, Wavey shifters. Good bike for around 1000$AU.

None.

Great bike, still going strong after 10 years.

None.

[Mar 15, 2000]
Chris Butcher

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame this is a top of the line Cromo frame on a $600 bike strong brakes 8-speed

Rims are a little weak I only weigh 110 but I do ride hard and after most rides I'd have to get them trued, brakes are strong but ver tempermental.

This bike makes an awesome starting bike or a good bike for some one wanting a good deal and AWESOME frame! It's a great deal I got mine for $550 with tax and thats like $375 U.S. could have had better rims and the problem with the brakes can be fixed and the good thing is that a this bike in 97 was an 8-speed.

Trek 6500,7000 Brodie Infinity

[May 06, 1999]
Petar
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

great frame
components

weak brakes
rims

This is the best bike I have ever ridden, great all rounder at a reasonable price.......

KHS Crest
KHS Nomad
KHS Pro

[Apr 01, 1999]
Jan Jelovsek
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL

I have this bike for four year now. I think that it's a great bike. It's almost undistructible. I made 7000 miles with it and I didn't have to replace any part of it. I'm selling this bike now and I'm going to buy the new KHS FXT Pro bike, because after I've used this bike I really believe KHS makes great bikes.

[Mar 22, 1999]
Flea

OVERALL
Strength:

Sachs Wavey shifters
commendable drivetrain

[Jul 30, 1998]
John Brennan
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I just bought the bike for about $350 and so far it's well worth it i've been told by many that it is the lightest Cromo they have ever come in contct with i love it and am looking to upgrade like every one else KHS is a good bike

[May 12, 1998]
od
weekend warrior

OVERALL

so far this bike is making me happy. I am a beginner and have no mtb exp.
i also do not no nothing about the KHS brand. i added MANITOU SX SHOXS AND PAID ABOUT 600 DOLLARS. VERY HAPPY. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE STUFF ABOUT THE KHS BRAND. I PICKED THE SUMMIT OVER THE HARDROCK.

[Jan 23, 1998]
Ross Hanlon
downhiller

OVERALL

I also find the Summit a good all rounder, even for the tough downhill circuits where i live. I agree with Graeme Malloch is saying that this bike is worth more than £600. It should be £1000! I cannot find anything more to say about this excellent bike as Mr. Malloch has already made clear the good facts about it.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.