Foes Weasel Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Foes Weasel Bike

[May 11, 2014]
Kevin Rembold

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, strong, can climb hills like a cross country frame but loves to go fast down hill as well.

None for it's time. However it's nearly 20 years old now, so it's not quite up to todays standards for DH use.

I bought my 97 Weasel frame in the fall of 96 and used it mostly for cross country. I had a White Brothers DC110 fork on it for years and it was a great match...dual crown and light weight.

It's 18 years later and I still have the Weasel and I still ride it. I have updated it over the years with disc brakes and a Boxxer fork (only because the White Brothers wasnt compatible with newer disc brakes). Every time I start thinking that I should buy a new bike, I come to the conclusion that there is nothing out there that is better suited to my riding than my Weasel. So I update a few parts and keep on riding. The Foes Weasel single pivot design is alive and well today...coppied in one way or another by many other bike brands. I will never sell my Foes.

[Jun 19, 2010]
ForeverFoes

OVERALL
Strength:

quik handling ,smooth ride ,take big hits

Never really liked revese drop outs.Weight is an issue if u are looking 4 cross country ride. U just have 2 get stronger!!!!

everyone should own this bike!!!!!!I built this bike one of the first yrs. it was available still have the originale Kuster rear shock,it has been worth every penny.NOTHING BUT FUN.

boulder cross country,GTLTS

[Jan 03, 2001]
Eric
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

everything, i made it a downhilling machine with 6" travel and a monster t, and i raced dh with it. I also jumped cliffs and road gaps with it, it is strong.

The brake thereapy piece that changes you to disc i broke twice, but Foes doesn't make that piece.

Great for downhill and jumping, i haven't ridden it xc, so can't help you there.

[Mar 24, 1997]
brian hobart
racer

OVERALL

the foes would have to be the most exiting ride of my life . All i could think about when i was riding it is where in the hell am i going to find a place that sells one of these beauties

[Oct 07, 1996]
mark nickerson
racer

OVERALL

I built a Foes Weasel from a frameset using a Sachs 3x7 rear hub and a Marzocchibomber fork with a Formula disc front and Magura rear. 96 XTR shifts the rearusing grip shift. This is the 5th full suspension bike I've owned and I stillhave a GT LTS. The Foes has a special ride that allows one to merely floatover serious terrain. It seems that no matter what is encountered in the wayof rocks,roots,ruts etc, the rider only needs to point and pedal. Of course,with 6 rear and 4 front the beast isn't the quickest cornering bike on the market but it simply amazes me every time i ride it how impervious it is tothe local topography. It rules the harsh terrain. If you like to hammer smoothtrails stay with your hardtail. If you seek out rough fast trails I don't knowof a better choice. Obviously it kicks for DH racing.

[Feb 23, 1997]
Ben Miller
weekend warrior

OVERALL

This is not the Weasel. This is the LTS-1, about 1900 for the frame. The Weasel is a 1495 dollar frame. They both have IDENTICAL geometry just different ways of getting there. Both bikes ride the same, the smoothest ride on the market. The Judy DH needs the softer elastomer stack to keep up with the 6 inch travel in back. This bike is truly an exotic and kicks butt all over any other mtb. if you want more information contact bmiller@fab4.intel.com

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.