Cannondale F700 Bike Bike 1998 or Older

F700

[Jul 07, 2019]
coreydelta

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, 22 years of use, tens of thousands of miles, limited maintenance. Survived three rounds with cars, and I am sitting by the Bay as I write this, with it. Best investment i’ve ever made.

Left gear shifter easy to slip onto and break stride when pressing a hard run.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
1996
[Nov 10, 2015]
Victor c.Rohm

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light weight ,strong frame handles with ease.Tracks true even though it's been in my hands from the very beginning 1996.I love this bike,it's part of me,still looks new,get lots of compliments .Will never sell,there is no price for it.Color is yellow with black.STill shines like day one , Cannondale forever thanks.

None, it's the total package.

I look forward to my morning rides always,it's just a great feeling ,it's a partnership till the end.A true addiction.

[Jan 21, 2013]
dieselmaker

OVERALL
Strength:

rock solid, still one of the best looking cannondale was ever made, well balanced, keep going forever.....the 50mm travel up front sound funny now days but its good enough for weekend warriors or even for light/moderate trail riding if you keep it serviced. After 17 years paintwork is still not bad thanks for the epoxy based paint or what so ever is that...:D

I am a fan of cro-mo frame if we talking about XC so this one a bit uncomfortable for me on epic log ride...

If you have a chance just go for it...

too many to list....

[Aug 28, 2012]
Rusty Shakleford

OVERALL
Strength:

After 10+ years of hard riding, frame is still strong. super smooth welds, great climber

loved the headshok, but no one would service it (discontinued?), so I had to replace fork after 6 years and could not afford a lefty

The only thing on this bike that is stock is the frame, which is durable and has superb geometry. It is very surefooted. I bike and regularly keep up with others who ride dual suspension, partly because I never had a dually, so I don't know any better, but also because this bike is fast on acceleration and confident on technical terrain. Even with none c-dale suspension, this bike just excels

[Jul 30, 2012]
Bill Morrison

OVERALL
Strength:

Just the smoothest shifts and best ride I had without mechanical problems. I never had a breakdown in all these years. I love my bike. I replaced my front brake cable a couple of days ago.

I wish I had more fork travel but then I'm not a person who like his or her on fire and going mach two.

I have gone thru 4 sets of tires and a seat. I am a boat owner and what a relief to have something I enjoy taking out without worrying about mechanical failures. I love my bike, boy what a purchase.

[Sep 10, 2010]
Sonny

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy, smooth

In 2001, we toured around Australia with the bike fully loaded (60kgs), including parts of Cape York Peninsula where the hills were 45 degrees with rocks, sand, bull dust and craters that would swallow the entire bike. After 5 months with all the twisting and jolts, the bike had no damage, not even a broken spoke. It only needed a hose down at the end of the ride.
No thanks to the "expert" at the Glebe bike shop who tried to scare me with stories of Cannondale frames cracking under stress.

[Jul 30, 2010]
Rocket66

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbs like a mountain goat
Grip shift is awesome smooth
Bike loves any & all trails, mountains,switch backs, Handles like its on rails.

still looking after 10yrs.

Its a kick ass mountain Bike that will take you there and bring you back. Leaves you wishing your next ride was now. When Chuck Norris goes mountain biking its on a Cannondale f700..

Silly question...Not sure I understand..Nothing compares

[Jun 01, 2010]
cannondale

OVERALL
Strength:

Great Frame, light bike and all around good parts

Headshox only has 80 mm, I could use more for my type of riding other than that the fork is excellent.

Great bike, would strongly recommend. Its light and gives lots of power to your back wheel. I was very skeptical on the Headshok and was considering replacing it until I did some research and found out what makes it so good. My only wish is more travel on it but I can live with it for the weight savings and true tracking. Its my daily commuter to work through 16kms of trail a day and doesn't skip a beat. Very great bike very well built frame.

Kona Shred, Giant ATX 890

[Apr 22, 2010]
shamrock

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride, comfortable seating

Gears not productive for downhill distance

Buy it! You will like it.

Raleigh trail

[Jan 07, 2010]
youdothemaths

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks fantastic.
climbs like a bloody mountain goat.
it has NEVER let me down.
I've had mine 10 years - raced it (XC), thrashed it, had fun on it and commuted on it - it still looks absolutely amazing (in matt black).
The only bike i've fallen in love with the first time i rode it. Consequently i would not even consider anything else.

none for me, but i will admit that the front fork does lack options.

ABOVE ALL ELSE - IT'S A CANNONDALE

specialized and univega - neither of them compare.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.