White Brothers Magic-29 2006 Front Shocks

The Magic fork line offers White Brothers’ cutting edge Intelligent Magnetic Valve “IMV” damping technology in our super stiff, lightweight 32mm platform. Just set the IMV damper where you want it and sprint or climb without bob and float over washboard bumps or big drops with full active travel. All Magic forks have true open bath damping and oil bath lubrication to give you buttery smooth performance. Whether you need a World Cup quality cross country race fork or the highest quality, best performing 29” fork on the market—its Magic.

• Magic-29 80 (80mm travel, black)
  • Magic-29 100 (100mm travel, black)
  • Adjustments- Threshold, Rebound, Air Pressure
  • Linear Air Spring
  • Available with QR or 20mm

[Jan 17, 2007]
Troy Williams

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, stiff

I found it hard to tune, and I'm still messing with it. My IMV was broken when I got it, and it spent 2 weeks with White Bros and the Bike shop over the holidays, big bummer.

I'm really not a huge fan of this fork. I find it to be very finicky and hard to tune just the way I want it. I've removed air, adjusted the IMV, dialed the rebound, gone through each individually and it still feels rougher than I would expect. I like the weight and the stiffness, but might opt to save money and go Reba next go around.

Reba SL

[Aug 22, 2006]
Shawn

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff, strong, soaks up small bumps better than any fork I have owned

Seal on the IMV side leaks a little. WB sent me a replacement, but it still leaks a bit. No worries though.

This fork might be a little pricey, but well worth my money. I have never had a fork that worked better, besides the leak.

rock shox, Fox

[May 16, 2006]
Ed

OVERALL
Strength:

Super smooth travel
Very stiff and responsive
IMV is GREAT! You can tune it to be like a Terralogic, or all the way off (like before SPV), or anywhere inbetween, to fit your riding style.

Rebound adjustment is quick and easy

The air spring is more linear than most, but doesnt' bottom out harshly like many linear coil springs.

None found yet

It's expensive, but I feel it is a significantly better fork than the Reba, and I feel that it is worth the extra expense for a better ride.

If you're a casual rider, or have a smaller budget and are willing to sacrifice ride quality, the Reba is a good second choice.

Reba Race 29 with poplock

[Jul 18, 2006]
Eric

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth and stiff. What More can I say, other than at 190 lbs, there is no noodle factor with this fork, but then again, I rarely drop more than 3'

Sometimes, the platform valve can stutter a little when opening while riding over small bumps. This is never an issue though when I really want the fork to soak up real bumps. And the stutter is much less than any other platform forks that I have tried.

This fork is great. It is smooth and stiff, much like my old bomber that I loved for many years. I am a smooth rider and never really had much bob with non-platform forks, but this fork has even less bob, especially when standing and mashing the gears. Even though I can sometimes feel a little stutter over mini bumps as the platform is deciding whether to open or not, it is still incredibly smooth. Overall an incredible fork that I would buy again.

I have an old marzocchi z2 x-fly and that was a great fork that continues to be smoother than some other new 26" forks I have tried from rock shok like the reba.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.