Haro Backtrail X24 2004 BMX

[Aug 28, 2019]
pquilly

OVERALL
Strength:

Very well made, size and geometry are perfect for me being 6’ tall. It feels heavy until you’re riding it then the weight is forgotten. Very predictable and stiff it’s a pleasure to slide into berms and seems to leap off the ground not requiring much if any effort to jump. When jumping the size, rigidly and weight compliment each other very well resulting in a bike that is confidence inspiring leaving even less experienced riders ready to go bigger.

Handle bars that came on it were too short for my taste so put 7” rise bars on it, the free wheel was on the weak side and needed to be upgraded needs better brakes

Price Paid:
[May 30, 2013]
Brandon
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Put the bike through tough love for the years i owned it

tires didn't last long and the brake levers brake fast for kids use

I love Haro and the bike did everything i needed as a teen growing up without a car. won all the races i did and out coasted the 20" bikes. i would still ride it if some low life hadn't made it a parts store and left me with just the frame

I have only ever riden Haro Bikes.

[May 24, 2013]
mjk

OVERALL
Strength:

Awravelget liners for the tires if you ride trail.

if well maintained, and not abused, no weaknesses experienced after 3.5 yrs of riding daily

I loved my haro backtrail 24 inch. rode it to work over 5 miles daily on it. Some firkin lowlife clipped my lock and stole it. Buy the most bolt cutter proof chain/ lock that you can afford.

[Jun 20, 2011]
deb

OVERALL
Strength:

hard body,stands up to most anything.nice control in tight places.

brakes hard to pull.

i love my haro

specalize fatboy

[Aug 03, 2010]
leon6777

OVERALL
Strength:

rock solid bike, grippy tyres, nice crank and handlebars.

brakes don't work very well, crashed into a massive gate, forks suck, and the seat is a bit dodgy.

it's a good bike for the summertime, insanely cheap, i just hate the forks though. i'm not going to buy more expensive forks, because the jumps i do are quite small but they jar my wrists. overall, an amazing bike for the price and i just love riding it.

[Jun 09, 2008]
MIKE G

OVERALL
Strength:

Very well biult and solid. Glides over jumps.Ideal for rideing long distances. Wheelies 4 ever once you get it up.

Stock tires arent as grippy as they should be. bigger profile will put you behind 20" when racing down long steep hills.

This bike is the awnser to someone that needs the utility of a mountain bike with the fun of a bmx

- none come to mind

[Aug 22, 2007]
Allen Brown

OVERALL
Strength:

Rock solid....it's a Haro. Well thought out frame tubing and welds. 24" wheels carry great momentum anywhere. Feels better in the air than a 20".

Front fork and rims are not the best for dirt jumping. Even after upgrading them, it's still a cheap ride.

BUY IT. A great platform to build on if you're on a budget. Great for urban, dirt jumping, or trails. The bike stock will last you a long time if you are an average rider. Haro will have my future business.

None similar. Specialized fuse II was my prior bike. I was just to old for it.

[Jun 27, 2007]
michael higgins

OVERALL
Strength:

Sofar everything is cool, just getting back into riding. Road BMX as a kid, didnt like the mountain bike feel or to pay $500-700 plus for a dirt jump. This bike is cool for the money!!!

None sofar.

If you road BMX as a teen and want to thash around town this is it.

NA

[Jun 22, 2007]
what for

OVERALL
Strength:

this bike is straight hardcore. i ride all street, sometimes dirt. its taken a constant beating, i ride almost every single day, my bike 90% all stock and still riding hard. all grinds, jumps, 180's, stairs everything

the stock rims are preety weak for street riding after a year my spokes and rims were thrashed, everything else stayed in great condition. and the tektro brake lever sucks

if your looking for a 24in street bike that rides hard this is it bottom line

20in haro mirra 540 air, 20in mosh bmx, 20in we the people, i got the x24 backtrail cause im 5'11 and i felt like i needed some more room, this bike worked out perfect i had to get practice my manuals and my 180's after switching from the 20in after that everything flowed together

[Aug 05, 2006]
chuck 47

OVERALL
Strength:

EVERYTHING it is a rock solid bike!

It is easy to under estimate the size of the bike when you are ridding it, and you end of casing jumps!

It is a rock solid bike that is hard to damage. The only thing that has been damaged on it (by my very heavy use) is the back rim, and that’s only because I cased a cement half pipe.

The gyro is great and I haven't had any problems with it.
Oh wait, I forgot I snapped the break leaver when I was moving the bike. The break leaver isn't week but won't stand up against being hit repeatedly (from falling).

The only modification I had to do to this amazing bike was replace the tubes with thick tubes that have slime in them. (All the good dirt jumps are infested with sticker, broken glass, and other stuff that puts holes in tubes)

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.