Litespeed Pisgah XT 2003 Hardtail

[Jun 11, 2003]
Steve G

OVERALL
Strength:

Beautifully desinged frame, perfect finishing and welding. Excellent balance between stiffness on the climbs giving feel of accelerating uphill, with a good amount of flex and softness on the bumpy descents.
Frame is robust and I have taken it on a number of trips abroad in a bike bag without problems. Good for training in the mountains of mallorca as well as the hardest single track.

Crack in welding between down tube and stem after riding for 12 months. Frame sent back to Litespeed and returned looking new after 2 months. Demo bike provided while waiting for repairs.

Frame a bit on the pricey side. Also components considerably more expensive when bought individually. Why such a difference between UK and US prices?
On balance, a beautiful and classic bike with good acceleration and a wonderfully smooth ride. If you are looking for a bike that you can ride on any terrain in any conditions, then this is an excellent choice.

Specialised stumpjumper

[Dec 26, 2003]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light frame with good shock adsorption, excellent weld quality, nice geometry

all titanium bikes are expensive

The bike's real weight is under 22 pounds with strong wheels and raceable (2.1) tires. The current Piscah frame is stiffer at the bottom bracket than the older round tube Ti frames. A very comfortable racing hardtail. Titanium frames are expensive but usually last a long time, I have over 10000 miles on my Obed Frame, and I 've crashed it in rock gardens that would have wrecked my aluminum bikes.

Litespeed Obed, Trek Fuel, Cannondale Jekyl, Rocky Mountain dual sus.

[Dec 20, 2002]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, superstrong, superfast, & superkind to my 36 year old bones. Ti combined with the tubeless wheel set up creates the sweetest ride you'll find. The set up is also extremely durable.

My only beef is that the OEM Hutchinson Scorpion UST tires basically suck on Northeast terrain (but I replaced 'em!). If you can get your LBS to swap out of them before you take it off the showroom floor - do it!

I can face that I'm not in my 20's anymore and Aluminum beats the crap out of me. If you love to ride and can afford the 3 bills, don't think twice about buying this bike - just do it. The shock absorbency of Ti combined with the ability to run a low pressure tubeless setup makes dually's obsolete. I can float through rock gardens that I thought were previously unridable.This bike makes want to keep on riding when my lungs and legs say no more. It climbs almost as well as the Alpinestars did with its elevated stays, and flat out outhandles it everywhere else!

After I tossed the Hutchinson tires and put on the Schwalbe's, I have'nt had the slightest desire to change/upgrade a single part. This saves me time from going through this site comparing parts and makes more time for riding! This also saves money which I can use to buy my wife dinner (which means she lets me go riding more!)

The bottom line is if you can afford it, do it.

9 years on an Alpinestars Al Mega DX (now a kick ass singlespeed!). I bought a Litespeed over competing brands because the LBS 2 blocks away is a dealer.

[Dec 10, 2002]
ron

OVERALL
Strength:

titanium stiffness,this thing climbs with no frame flex, so you can fly up hills.

none.

This is a bike you can plan on having forever.It's got a sweet feel to it, theres nothing like titanium. Durability, forget about it.You can't hurt this frame on your best day of dropoffs. And did I mention chicks love a guy on a Litespeed.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.