Litespeed Lookout Mountain XTR Disc 2003 Hardtail

[Mar 09, 2004]
Fearless

OVERALL
Strength:

Great bike for both racing and training. Super durable. Disc specific frame. Quiet ride, zero bike noise.

Miss shift when hammering big ring on climbs - I guess due to frame flex, but not really a problem.

One kick ass hardtail, has the speed of a Ferrari with the smoothness of a Cadillac. I have riden this bike in all kinds of conditions and all types of trails - it has not failed me once. Excellent race bike.

Steel and Aluminum Hardtails

[May 10, 2003]
Mark Rutherford

OVERALL
Strength:

Light and tight. Great sense of control. Feels like I'm getting a push on climbs compared to my Santa Cruz SuperLight. XTR disk is a dream. Lack of distinct shifting "feedback" is not an issue since I don't race.
Componet group is very fluid, sweet. Ti frame with UST tires is a virtual softail. The ride on this thing makes me grin a lot.
I'd recommend this bike for those who are looking for a hardtail that can offer control and comfort.

Head tube accepts only CaneCreek IS. Roaring Mouse replaced bottom head set bearings after a few rides due to excessive play. I hope CaneCreek is working on improved design/QC.
On a purly acestic note, I prefer the industrial matte gray finish of the previous XTR group. The 2003 looks too mush like plastic.

A great ride. A bit over priced.
Not The very best value but hella fun.

I think this is a new animal, but it reminds me of my sub 23lb Breezer Lighting only a lot tighter.

[Jul 23, 2003]
Ben

OVERALL
Strength:

Fantastic bike. I splurged and purchased this bike as a trainer/racer and found it to exceed my expectations. Extremely light/quick bike with terrific handling. '03 XTR disc was much better than I expected. Tough enough to handle

Expensive!!! Hutchinson tubeless tires don't hold air

Great bike, even at the steep price.

[Dec 04, 2005]
Mark Kindred

OVERALL
Strength:

Beautiful ride. Stiff and strong. Fells like your riding something that can't ever be broken. Haven't experienced a lot of flex in the frame going all out or any problems with shifting. Disc brakes stop on a dime. Haven't yet raced on it but I'm sure it will do just fine.

Full bike a little bit on the heavy side for a titanium ride. Could have used a better fork.

A great bike. Once I switch out the fork I expect it to be a near perfect ride. Not sure I would have paid full retail price for this beauty (I purchased it from its original owner - used) but if you love Litespeed and TI then that shouldn't be a problem.

Specialized M3 with XT components.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.