K2 Bike Zed 3.0 2003 Hardtail

[Mar 29, 2011]
aaabronco

OVERALL
Strength:

Shocks are really good, really light and smooth

Shifting

Really good bike

[Aug 23, 2003]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame,tires ( Velociraptors),seat, disc brake ready (frame),color, price.

Pedals,rims. But what do you expect for an entry level bike.

Bought this bike for my sons birthday. I found myself taking it on my regular rides and was surprized on how well it performed, I had to tune the front and rear derailers but now its shifts
fairly well. You can't find a better bike for the money /275.00 out the door you'd have to be a fool to pass this one up. It would make a great backup bike for very few bucks..He can grow into this bike and upgrade as needed. So if you're looking for a first bike for xc riding this is a good start.
You can build on this frame...

Specialized FSR, Trek fuel 90, Gary Fisher

[Aug 24, 2003]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

strong frame , good shimano system , good shocks , good wheelset , cool paint job

brakes stop you but could be better

strong and lite for long crosscountry rides and tires grip great. good for an intermedite crosscountry person

rocky mountain soul

[Jun 09, 2003]
Jay Humpherbad

OVERALL
Strength:

e3verything especially shocks

pedals are a little weak but still good

This bike kiks and i love it it is the best bike I ever used

[Nov 15, 2006]
Daniel
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

tires, light weight, fork, stabilitty

breaks

for the hard, muddy, fast and dirty off road from colombia is perfect its response for everithing is better than i thought and the fork is very cool for a low price the worst thing are the brakes but you can change them for a disc set easilly

2000 bianchi stx

[Nov 24, 2003]
dan K

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good specs for the price. Has been durable so far. Rides lighter than what I thought an entry level bike would be.

So far I can't tell of any

This is my girlfriend's first mtb. She didn't want to spend a lot and find out she didn't like riding off road. So far, she really likes the bike. The frame fits and it's a good quality build. You could actually upgrade the frame and not be putting Pirelli tires on a Pinto.
I have taken the bike for spins and like it. Yeah, the cheapy Shimano shifters are funky (could plan to replace in spring) but my girlfriend has not complained at all since we adjusted the seat and bars to her liking. Best of all, we could always return it to REI if the think turned out to be a stinker even though she we got 20% off retail.

n/a

[Mar 23, 2004]
Jaime

OVERALL
Strength:

I think this bike had one of the best price/quality relations when I bought it a year ago. Very good looking frame with quality welding on the joints. Nice set of components (ritchey girder wheelset, rear deore derrailleur).

Acera brake levers and shifters (don´t like the looks and the the fact that they are one piece)
Manitou Six Sport fork (although this is in part my fault, because I thrashed it by making a bad landing after a small jump)

Excellent bike for the price. It has a great frame in which you can build. I took it on some rough rides and it had an excellent response (4-5 hour rides on rough terrain). I´d say for this price range is one of the best bikes out there.

[Jun 09, 2003]
Jay Humpherbad

OVERALL
Strength:

e3verything especially shocks

pedals are a little weak but still good

This bike kiks and i love it it is the best bike I ever used

[Nov 22, 2002]
Brian Holben

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame, nice Shimano components (Deore rear, Alivio front) tires, rims. Great Manitou front shock doesn't freeze up or lose quality in cold and wet. Tektro alloy brakes work well in wet and mud.

Saddle leaves you a little sore, derraileur needs frequent adjusting.

Great bike for the money. Excellent for a rather new rider like myself. Great components and frame will keep you going for a long time in any weather! This bike is definitely competition ready!

Diamondback Response

[Aug 03, 2004]
Jeremy Browne

OVERALL
Strength:

Rock solid, decent climber, great tires.

Funky shifters.

This is my first bike in over five years. I bought it to ride to and from work (2.5 miles as the crow flies), and do some trails on the weekend. It has done a lot more. I'm only 5'6", so I bought the small frame, so I can stradle it without turning into an alto.

Shifting is quick. Tires are knobby.

I just got back from a mostly downhill trip from Sheep Creek to Strawberry Lake in Utah, and the Zed3.0 handled well going down steep hills, though the washboards made me wish it wasn't a hardtail. Going uphill, the gears are so low that I'm never out of the saddle.

I got it for $550 - if you find it for under $300 (as some on this board have), BUY IT.

None.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.