Litespeed Unicoi XTR 2003 Full Suspension

[Apr 02, 2010]
Colonel Forbin

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth Ride, Great Control, very durable

rear triangle a bit flexy, had a rear disc break that rubbed a lot, running it mullet style now (disc front/v - rear) and is flawless. Although I'm a bigger guy 6' 200lbs.

I've had the bike almost 8 years now, She's a pretty bulletproof ride, with the exception of the break rub on the rear, the bike stays glued to the trails and just enough give to smooth out the ride.

Schwinn Homegrown factory

[Jan 27, 2004]
Pam

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight

Frame broke after 500 miles. I weigh 105 lbs. The frame cracked at the seam on the headtube.

I always wanted a Litespeed. I got one, had it built up and it weighed in at 22 lbs. Then I rode it for 500 miles and the frame cracked at the seam on the headtube. I sent it to Litespeed and they tell me that it will be 6 weeks. I will get it back 3 days before the Spring Racing series. I have always heard of the quality of Litespeed. I will never believe that myth again. I rode a GAry Fisher Sugar for three years and had no major problems. Any warranty work was taken care of immediately.

Rode a Gary Fisher Sugar for three years. Won countless races. Crashed many times. Bike performed flawlessly.

[Aug 30, 2004]
Sean

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is light and Ti absorbs shocks well. Believe me, 1-inch of rear travel more than adequate on most trails. Lighter than a dual and better for longer rides and races than a hardtail(assuming the frame doesn't break).

Frame is too flexible. Very noticible on high speed decents and when standing up to hammer. Combined with a flexy fork such as a SID and flexy wheels, 1) you better keep both hands on the handlebar at high speeds, even on the road, and 2)you'll hear the brakes rub every time you pedal out of the saddle.

Unicoi frame broke during a race despite never crashing (too bad, cause I was doing pretty well). In fact, the frame was the first thing to break on the bike. The head tube tore away from the top tube at the weld. I sent it back to litespeed, and since it was my only racebike, kindly asked them to hurry up with the repair or replacement. They said it would take 4 weeks to repair, and after numerous phone calls to their very rude and ridiculously unhelpful warranty department (especially Kristy), I finally received the bike 14 weeks later. In the meantime, I had to buy another bike to race on (Specialized Stumpjumper- Excellent Bike, excellent company- i've broke two Specialized frames in my life (in crashes- not defects like the unicoi), and specialized warrantied the frames within a couple of weeks). The bike industry is notorious for slow and sometimes horrible service- but hats off to Litespeed, they're certainly one of the worst.

If their service was better, this frame would get 3 chilis.

I've decided to sell this bike, not only because I'm concerned it could break again, but mainly because I don't want to represent Litespeed as a pro racer. There are so many better companies out there, ones that treat their racers and customers much better. Hopefully, Ebay will treat me better when I sell this bike. And if any potential buyers read this, well, you can't always trust what you read on the internet.

Specialized Hardtails

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.